Marbled my 1700 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Marbled my 1700

just finished marbling my 09 classic been reading where some say it does no good but on mine with vance and hines big shots theres no poping in 1-3 decel and 4-5 has about half the pop now. seems to run a little cooler also fan use to stay on now comes on and off. only thing I noticed was a little oil in the air box and in the fins on the front cylinder has anyone else had this problem? or should I get it looked at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Vulcan Hammer Send a message via Skype™ to Vulcan Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smblackmon View Post
just finished marbling my 09 classic been reading where some say it does no good but on mine with vance and hines big shots theres no poping in 1-3 decel and 4-5 has about half the pop now. seems to run a little cooler also fan use to stay on now comes on and off. only thing I noticed was a little oil in the air box and in the fins on the front cylinder has anyone else had this problem? or should I get it looked at?
As long as you marbled the correct port, you should not have any problems. The oil could be some blow back from too much oil in the crank case or oil from a pre-oiled K&N Air filter (if you just got one).

If you marbled the crank case vent by mistake, then you could have major problems and blown seals.

Make sure you only marbled the hose leading to the port at the top of the right air box as shown in the attached photo...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	40482  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

yeah got the right one the oil was there before I marbled

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Garage
I had the same oil in mine when I opened it to change to the K&N from stock. I would guess the dealer might have overfilled slightly when adding fluids. I have checked since my first oil change and several times since with 26k miles on it and it has remained dry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I had a little oil in my air box when I over filled but not on the cooling fins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode