Wind Turbulence riding double - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Wind Turbulence riding double

I've owned my Vaquero since Feb. but also have a couple of other bikes I enjoy riding so the mileage is still very low but sure to go up once I figure out how to make it comfortable (wind turbulence) when carrying a passenger. I riding by myself like the small stock shield, but the wife and I decided to go for a quick ride a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how my head was getting shoved around by the air from carrying a passenger. I'm close to being 6'2" with a 32" inseam, and wondering if going to a different shield will alleviate the problem, and if so how tall of a shield will I need to go with?

Loving the bike so far. Had some concerns before buying it with what I read about the heat issues but so far have not experienced anything uncomfortable or that would have been a deal breaker. Looking forward to doing a lot of riding hopefully with the wife on back so need to get the turbulent air problem solved. Thanks in advance for any help. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Hey Mike,

I have the 16" Rifle shield and my buffeting has pretty much totally disappeared. I'm about 6'4" with a 32 to 34 inseam. My wife complains now that she gets the brunt end of the buffeting now however.

Chris
Black 2011 Vaquero 1700
Black 2007 900 Custom (sold)
VBA #02389
VROC #24810
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23 View Post
Hey Mike,

I have the 16" Rifle shield and my buffeting has pretty much totally disappeared. I'm about 6'4" with a 32 to 34 inseam. My wife complains now that she gets the brunt end of the buffeting now however.

I'm thinking a 10" recurve. I wear a full face with ear plugs so the air noise for the most part doesn't bother me and I like the air for the ventilation of the helmet. What does bother me is when the air gets messed up by a passenger riding behind me and the air is slamming my head back and forth like one of those bobbing heads people put on their dash of the car. Just don't want to put out the money for a 10" and find out it does nothing for the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode