2009 voyager freedom performance exhaust - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage
2009 voyager freedom performance exhaust

Finally, someone has made true dual exhaust. I have had my 09 voyager since they hit the showrooms and have been looking for true duals since then.
Just had these delivered yesterday and will install as soon as I have a couple free hours. Went with D&D slip-ons as soon as they came out and have no issues other than still wanted true dual system. Once installed I will update this thread to let all voyager riders know what I think.
Thanks FPE for moving forward with the pipe design. I think you will see a lot of voyager business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Hmmm, very interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Vulcan Voyager ABS/ my "Blue Goose"
BIG 3 = PCV w/ Ign/Cobra Slip-ons/Thunder Air Kit
Kuryakyn "Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs"
Air Hawk2 seat cusion/Remote Control for house
National Cycle Fender Tips//Utopia Back Rest
Gorilla Alarm/Strebel Air Horn/14 in. Dark Shield
Kaw Rear Speakers/Galfer Break Pads
Garmin GPS, RAM mounted on break reservoir
Chrome Mug Holder/Extra Chrome/Wrapped Pipes
Flags and Mounts from "Rumbling Pride"
Dunlop SP5000 Car Tire /AMSOIL & Filter
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Top Contributor

How much do they cost ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2010 Voyager
Scootworks 2 inch fat risers
vance&Hines slipons
Mustang Wide Touring studded
PCV
Michelin commander 2
Ipod adapter
Titanium header wrap
8 to 12.5 inch bagger windshield
Iso grips with Rays throttle mod
Chrome rear floor board covers
Kams Kit

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Gentlemen,
The pipes are on and look and sound outstanding. I just finished up and took a 4:15 am ride. about 4 miles.
I am very impressed from the moment i fired up. 44 degrees here in Kokomo ind. area. Got a super deal on the internet through amazon on the pipes. $669. free shipping in 4 days time. Advertised everywhere else at $899. these are the chrome but for another 100 bucks you can get black.
Think I will post pics when I have a chance.
My ride,
2009 Voyager ABS, Titanium.
add-ons. comm kit, I-pod, rear speakers, hiway pegs, mustang seat with driver backrest and bought heat and installel in both sections. Garmin 660, modified a harley tour rack for the trunk, MC hitch and a trailer. HID headlight and HID aux lights on crash bars, cobra power pro fuel programer, and now the freedom performance have replaced the stock system that I had D&D slip-ons in place. I think I got it all here. Might even take a shot at a video post. Sounds like You guys got your ride set up nice also.
Ride safe.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage
David,
I also have a gereral altimax in the bike trailer for My darkside conversion in a couple thousand miles. 4th tire in 31000 miles. How you like darkside? also as I look again I am reminded by the add-ons you guys have that I also did risers, and a stebel air horn, and really think I want the racyray throttle mod. May just do the mod on the throttle Myself with some PVC pipe, epoxy and My trusty dremel.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsvoyager View Post
David,
I also have a gereral altimax in the bike trailer for My darkside conversion in a couple thousand miles. 4th tire in 31000 miles. How you like darkside? also as I look again I am reminded by the add-ons you guys have that I also did risers, and a stebel air horn, and really think I want the racyray throttle mod. May just do the mod on the throttle Myself with some PVC pipe, epoxy and My trusty dremel.
I think it might be better if you order the mod from Ray. It is not made of plastic, it's machined out of aluminum.

2012 Vaquero Candy Lime Green/Black
1700 Nomad (Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Oval Exhaust
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's Flash
Thunder Tornado Air Kit
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsvoyager View Post
Finally, someone has made true dual exhaust. I have had my 09 voyager since they hit the showrooms and have been looking for true duals since then.
Just had these delivered yesterday and will install as soon as I have a couple free hours. Went with D&D slip-ons as soon as they came out and have no issues other than still wanted true dual system. Once installed I will update this thread to let all voyager riders know what I think.
Thanks FPE for moving forward with the pipe design. I think you will see a lot of voyager business.
Please educate me on the advantage of a true dual exhaust (seriously). Is it for power (because of better air flow out of the engine)? Is it more beneficial to the engine (get more heat out of the engine more quickly)? Better sound? Lots of talk on the internet about how true duals decrease low-end torque.

For this particular product, how are the pipes routed? In particular, how does the pipe for the left muffler route to there? Thanks.

2009 Vulcan Voyager, Wolo Bad Boy air horn, Kuryakyn ISO grips with contoured throttle boss, Kuryakyn Adjustable Floorboard Cruise Peg mounts with pegs, Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust, K&N air filter, temperature dipstick, saddlebag rails, Superbright trunk light flasher.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Also how is the popping and backfire issues.AnY?
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Garage
The true duals give the same amount of exhaust out each side, whereas the stock manifold forces most of it through the right muffler. The short ride showed me no loss of low end torque. The bikes have plenty anyway. Without a dyno We would not know the exact figures. The sound is deeper and throaty, and balanced now. I truely believe this system will help the rear jug disapate heat and let the bike run cooler. I dont have major heat issues like some have posted but it puts off plenty. never been in the red zone even in New orleans or the Florida keys 100+ outside temps. I will have to ride and see when we warm up in a few days here in My area. The front pipe runs all the way back to the right side and the rear pipe runs down in the original area as stock, turns left under the frame then the turns left again to attach right muffler. A small hanger bracket and p-clamp are supplied to fasten under the frame in front of rear tire.
I tried to get some popping and could not get it. No backfire either. I do believe the rays throttle mod is the right thing to do also. I would be concerned with a pvc mod on the throttle and the 59 bucks would be money better spent to have rays part. Good advice CAPTJ
Time to go make a paycheck Gentlemen.

Last edited by shepsvoyager; 05-11-2013 at 11:29 AM.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Top Contributor

I went to the manufacturer's website but they do not list an exhaust for the Voyagers. Which model did you order and how about some pictures ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode