Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

ipod adapter

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  saleroz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

Does anyone know what model of ipod I would need for this adapter?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-Voyager-Vaquero-Adapter-K10400-040/dp/B0059KHB6C[/ame]

Connects any compatible iPod with a 30-pin connector to the Vulcan 1700 Voyager or Vaquero radio

•Song, artist and playlist shows on radio display

•Song selection controlled by motorcycle handlebar switches

•Protective foam cushion included to store devices in left fairing pocket

•Easy plug-&-play installation

Note: battery charging is not supported for 3rd generation (touch wheel) iPods with this adaptor

Note: Audio devices with Hard Drive storage are not recommended due to possible effects from road vibration.

iPhone music player mode is not recognized as suitable for playing music on this OE radio system.

Also is this the only cable I would need. I would like battery charging, so is there a generation that I could get that this cable would charge the battery?
Will the cb mute the device when receiving a cb transmission? I am using a Zumo with an integrated music player and it will not mute the music when the cb is receiving a transmission. The garmin is plugged into the bikes audio system with kaws nav cable.

Thanks for your help, since I am an ipod dummy.

See less See more
#2 ·
I read some of the reviews from the link. It looks like you need another cable or two. I'd email the seller or download the pdf of the installation instructions. They must be available because one of the reviewers stated that they had done just that. perhaps the instructions has more info on compatibility.

Hi everyone

Does anyone know what model of ipod I would need for this adapter?

http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-Voyager-Vaquero-Adapter-K10400-040/dp/B0059KHB6C

Connects any compatible iPod with a 30-pin connector to the Vulcan 1700 Voyager or Vaquero radio

•Song, artist and playlist shows on radio display

•Song selection controlled by motorcycle handlebar switches

•Protective foam cushion included to store devices in left fairing pocket

•Easy plug-&-play installation

Note: battery charging is not supported for 3rd generation (touch wheel) iPods with this adaptor

Note: Audio devices with Hard Drive storage are not recommended due to possible effects from road vibration.

iPhone music player mode is not recognized as suitable for playing music on this OE radio system.

Also is this the only cable I would need. I would like battery charging, so is there a generation that I could get that this cable would charge the battery?
Will the cb mute the device when receiving a cb transmission? I am using a Zumo with an integrated music player and it will not mute the music when the cb is receiving a transmission. The garmin is plugged into the bikes audio system with kaws nav cable.

Thanks for your help, since I am an ipod dummy.

#3 ·
I have a Ipod touch 4th generation 8G that works great. I believe all Ipods accept for the Ipod shuffle takes a 30pin, I know my Ipod does. Your best bet is the Ipod 4th gen and I know it will works perfect for what you want it for. Another thing is the foam that comes with it is a pain @$$ so I ordered a gel cover for it and it works fine. one more thing, if you get one take it off shuffle cause it will change songs when you hit a bump in the road. I picked my Ipod up from Amazon used for about $100 and well worth it
Good luck!

#8 ·
I-Stuff

It will work on any Apple device except I=Shuffle and I-Phone 5. The charging issue is a problem with older gen I=Pods (very earliest verisons).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.