Classic Questions - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Classic Questions

As a new owner of a 1700 Classic, there are tons of questions I have about this bike, but it seems hard to find any info online about it. All my searches turn up results for Vaqueros, Voyagers, and Nomads. Are the bikes all the same once you take away the fairing and cruise control? If not, what is the difference? What's the electrical output? I don't want to overload the system.
I'm also not used to having a bike with such almost non existent aftermarket parts options- getting clear turn signals lenses seems to be a joke. Any info available on parts cross referencing? I love the bike so far but I'm planning on setting it up much like a Vaquero ( I would have bought one of those but this deal was too good to pass up) and I don't know where to look. Any feedback from you Classic owners that turned yours into a bagger would be most welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to Vulcan Hammer Send a message via Skype™ to Vulcan Hammer
When I had my Classic LT I found that many Nomad parts were interchangeable with the Classic.
The main exception was the exhaust. The Classic also has a unique ECU map to suit the shotgun style exhaust (vs the Nomad duals).

The stock ECU map contributed to numerous drive-ability issues such as excessive heat in summer, retarded timing when warm with resultant loss of power, and, of course decel popping. I sold the bike before Ivan's ECU remapping became popular...that is something you should look into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode