Voyager Handlebars - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Voyager Handlebars

Hello all,
I have a 2018 Voyager 1700. The stock handlebars are about 2-3 inches too far for comfort, especially for slow speed turns and long distance rides.
I've looked into installing risers but really couldn't find anything I wanted. I really don't want the grips higher, just closer.
Anyone have a recommendation for an after market handlebar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:15 PM

Good luck. There is very little aftermarket for bars for our bikes. I recommend getting on Facebook and get on the voyager pages. There’s a few guys around those that do custom bars. Maybe that will help. Just look up Kawasaki Voyager pages. There’s 2 or 3 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
auwing1978 likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks bullcrapallday, i'll give it a shot
bullcrapallday likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:47 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: MetalicBlackk/Silver
Garage
Hey, I bought a set of risers from Chucksters https://chucksterscustoms.com/ they bring the bars up 1 3/4 inches and back 1 1/4 inches this don't sound like much but it makes a big difference. It is also about as far as you can go without changing brake and clutch hoses or extending wiring harnesses
Peg and auwing1978 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the recommendation, stessel. Question; did you have to do any extra work to get a good fit? I came across a few posts where these risers caused the handlebars to hit the fairing when fully turned.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:39 PM

Garage
Hey,
Yeah you do have to build up the stop under the triple tree.
It is not hard took me 5 minutes after I went and bought the parts I used from local hardware store. You do not loose any noticeable turning from stop to stop.
Lot of people did it different ways this is the easiest way I came up with.
I purchased a thin walled split steel bushing I don't remember the size I believe it was 3/8 maybe 1/2" inside diameter. Just take a wrench open end and slip it on the center stop to figure out what size you need. Painted black then push the bushing on the center stop (Stop is located on bottom side of lower triple tree clamp just above radiator between your forks if you don't know) I then secured it with a small hose clamp positioned so the stops do not make contact with the screw part of the clamp then trimmed of the access part of the clamp band after I had tightened it. Several thousand miles later no problems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stop.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	227084  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 PM

Garage
Hey,
Also after you modify the stop with the risers installed handle bars on and bar clamps lose you simply turn the bars full left and for me I set the bars so they were about a 1/4 inch from contact to inner fairing tighten clamps torque to spec if so inclined I did and enjoy the ride.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Peg
Top Contributor

Garage
I also use and recommend Chuckster's risers... And I modified the stop on mine by drilling the post right through, and loctiting a short machine-head screw into each side. The bars don't touch the fairing by much, but it was enough so that I wanted to spend a little time sorting it out.

Paul (Peg) Elliott
New Plymouth, NZ. '10 Voyager 1700
'02 Nomad 1500(sold) '97 VN800B (sold)
2 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's, 1 Yamaha (all dead)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 03:03 PM

I would like to raise mine maybe 2" and get them a little further forward Maybe 2" ? How can i do that and not touch fairing when turning? At stock it seems to just touch fairing when turning full right.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:37 PM

Garage
Hey,
The risers discussed in thread will bring the handle bars up almost 2 inches but as far as getting them to move forward I don't think that is going to happen. You must be tall with a long reach to want to move the bars forward.

However without adding the risers and modifying the steering stop like described above in the posts you might be able to adjust the bars a little more forward without fairing contact at full turn but if you add the risers you will have to bring the bars back toward you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode