Voyager 1700 Gel Seat Option - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shawn Graham

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Voyager 1700 Gel Seat Option

Wondering what peoples opinion is on the comfort of the Gel Seats that can be ordered as an option? Both rider and passenger.

I had custom Mustang on my V star 950 and they were not comfortable for my wife or myself. So when i bought the Voyager, i just got the Gel Seats automatically, hoping they are going to be more comfortable than stock and that I won't need to spend close to $1000 for custom.

Not sure what to think since they are not that expensive. They do appear to have way more padding than the stock seats though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 06:53 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: MetalicBlackk/Silver
Garage
I never had a gel seat, but I do like my Corbin. Bought it online from Corbin paid $600

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Gel Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stessel View Post
I never had a gel seat, but I do like my Corbin. Bought it online from Corbin paid $600
Hoping the Gel are comfortable. Or will have to look into Corbin or Day long. Shame to try one of those and maybe not find it comfortable like my previous Mustang Seats

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:50 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700 ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black-Silver
Send a message via AIM to auwing1978 Send a message via MSN to auwing1978
I bought one when I got my 2016 new Jan. 2017. Dealer gave me 30% off any Kawasaki accessories I bought at bike purchase.

I only bought the driver Gel as my wife does not ride and rarely have another passenger.

It is more comfortable than the stock (I rode the stock seat a month before the Gel seat came in).

The Gel seat raises you up 1/2 inch...maybe a tad more.

It is fine for me for 100 mile days. When over 100 miles I combine with an Air Hawk. Very comfortable after 2 riding seasons and several long road trips. Currently just shy of 15K miles.

I had a Mustang on my prior bike and a Corbin on the bike before that. I was used to a good seat.

The Gel seat is fine. I think to do it over again I would send the stock seat to Mean City Cycles and have them do the Memory Foam Mod. Here is link to Mean City Cycles and you can click around to see various driver/passenger options.

Motorcycle Driver Seat Modifications

Bottom line the Gel seat was def an improvement over the stock seat for me and I got it at a good price. I will stand pat for now. 400 mile plus days are comfortable for me when I combine Gel with Air Hawk.

My 2 cents.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by auwing1978 View Post
I bought one when I got my 2016 new Jan. 2017. Dealer gave me 30% off any Kawasaki accessories I bought at bike purchase.

I only bought the driver Gel as my wife does not ride and rarely have another passenger.

It is more comfortable than the stock (I rode the stock seat a month before the Gel seat came in).

The Gel seat raises you up 1/2 inch...maybe a tad more.

It is fine for me for 100 mile days. When over 100 miles I combine with an Air Hawk. Very comfortable after 2 riding seasons and several long road trips. Currently just shy of 15K miles.

I had a Mustang on my prior bike and a Corbin on the bike before that. I was used to a good seat.

The Gel seat is fine. I think to do it over again I would send the stock seat to Mean City Cycles and have them do the Memory Foam Mod. Here is link to Mean City Cycles and you can click around to see various driver/passenger options.

Motorcycle Driver Seat Modifications

Bottom line the Gel seat was def an improvement over the stock seat for me and I got it at a good price. I will stand pat for now. 400 mile plus days are comfortable for me when I combine Gel with Air Hawk.

My 2 cents.
I also have an air hawk, so if the seat alone is not up to snuff, i can add that and hopefully is comfortable. I did find the Air Hawk helped on my old Mustang, but still uncomfortable for longer than 200kms
auwing1978 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode