LED Turnsignals on 2016 Voyager question - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700
Color: Grey/Black
Garage
LED Turnsignals on 2016 Voyager question

So, I have this thing for LED lights. I just prefer them because they are generally brighter and last longer than incandescent bulbs. I've run them in all my motorcycles and cars for years. Now that I have a bone stock Voyager, this will be the first of many light upgrades including LED headlights, halo, fog lights, running lights and R/T/S lights on the rear trunk and bags. I do a lot of night riding and like to be as bright as possible.

Is there an aftermarket digital flasher that I can plug and play / replace the stock flasher to get the LED turn signals to flash at the proper rate? I don't care about the self cancelling feature. I've never had it on any motorcycle in the last 25 years, I don't need it now.

If that is not an option, has anyone come up with a good place to hide load resistors that can get VERY hot? Ive burned out headlight buckets and signal housings in the past. Don't want to do that again.

Ive seen posts about a diode installation but that seems to be more for a feedback voltage loop issue to get the indicator on the "dash" to work properly and nothing to do with flash rate.

TIA

-Rob
2016 Voyager
2007 Yamaha Warrior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 06:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

I made a small bracket out of aluminum and mounted it on the battery cover then mounted the resistors on that. Tied the resistors into the wiring just behind the plug on the right side on the battery cover. One thing I did find on my '13 Voyager was that the rear turn signals were reverse polarity. Couldn't figure out why the LED bulbs I had worked in the front signal housing but wouldn't work in the rear. So on a hunch I reversed the rear wires and the LED bulbs worked just fine. So a little soldering and I was good to go. I'm sure there will be some electrical expert or engineer who will dispute what I said, but, just telling you what I had to do to get them to work. So if you put a LED bulb in and it doesn't work, you might try what I did. Only place I found that was like that and I even put an LED bulb in for the license plate. I have a module that keeps the turn signals on along with the tail light then brightens and flashes them a number of times when the brake is applied. So, all the lights are on in the back. Hope this helps.

2013 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode