9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vulcan Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: White
Garage
The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

So I ordered a Freedom Performance True Dual exhaust for the Vaquero and sent the ECU to Ivan for a flash. Due to the season and the 4th of July holiday, there is a slight back-up, so Iím without a bike.

So the waiting is the hardest part. Canít wait to get back out there.

Anyone else have a Vaquero with FP true duals and an Ivan flash? Iím hoping it improves the sound and gives the bike a little more zip. Also hoping itís not too loud and I look like an attention seeking Harley dude. Can I say that?

Personally I like all bikes, but not rides that are ridiculously loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Premium Member

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Classic LT, 2014 Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 900, 1700
Color: White/bronze
I bought my 2014 Voyager and it had Freedom True Duals. The popping on decal was unbearable and they were too loud.

Flashed the ECU and added the quiet baffles. No more popping but they are still on the loud side. Good if that's what you like.
Shade125 likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Premium Member

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Classic LT, 2014 Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 900, 1700
Color: White/bronze
No more popping but they are still on the loud side.

Never mind about me thinking these are loud. I just got back from taking a spin on my wife's 883 Sportster. Now that's loud.
Shade125 likes this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2017 vulcan 900 custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade125 View Post
Can I say that?

Personally I like all bikes, but not rides that are ridiculously loud.
yes you can say that. also, i like quiet bikes too. the loud bikes guys are usually the ones who don't ride long distances, or don't ride every day.
Buskman and Shade125 like this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bubba, Did you think they were too loud around town or on the highway or both?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyridr View Post
yes you can say that. also, i like quiet bikes too. the loud bikes guys are usually the ones who don't ride long distances, or don't ride every day.
Iíve noticed cruisers are usually louder than baggers. I like a deep, throaty exhaust but not one that can be heard over in the next county.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 08:15 AM

I agree, too loud is ridiculous & bad for biker community rep. Loud tuners too. Anyone who rides daily or long wouldn't like too loud. My stock Nomad is great, though I wish it was louder as I wear earplugs normally for wind noise. Gotta pass hearing tests for work. Sounds good without earplugs on occasion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
revrider and Shade125 like this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 02:24 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kaw Vaquero
Color: White (For now)
This is the same combo plus the Roaring toyz Big air intake that I am going with for my new to me 2016 Vaquero. All parts are ordered and i will be tearing the bike down this weekend to pull the ECU to send to Ivan as i will have my son for the next two weeks and wont be able to ride anyways.
Shade125 likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sounds like we are twins. I hope you get your ECU back quickly! It feels like Iíve been waiting forever but in reality itís only been a week or so, with the midweek holiday factored in.

What else do you have planned for your ride?

Iíd be thrilled to add an amplifier and bigger speakers, but Iím horrible with wiring and electronics. Maybe next year.

Maybe a custom paint job? Something 70ís retro???
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Not a great day. The dealership called to let me know all the upgrades and parts were installed and the bike was ready.

I got there and immediately noticed that they installed the Freedom Performance True Dual Racing 4Ē racing exhaust with black tips, not chrome like I ordered. Strike one.

I started it up and noticed itís nice deep sound but itís volume just at idle was way too loud.....way too loud, as in itís not installed right. Hmmm, maybe Iím wrong but Iíll take it for a spin. So I drive it home which took about 20 minutes and the whole ride, all the way, in all gears, on or off the throttle the bike was snap, crackle and pop. It sounded like a gun club. And I was smelling gas. Strike two.

I get home and see in the saddlebag stickers from a different company, NOT IVAN in NY. I called the dealership and asked where did they send my ECU to get flashed. NOT IVAN. Strike three.

Drove it back, itís at the dealership, and Iím pretty ticked off. They will be sending it to IVAN on Tuesday.

Hope they make this right for me, or Iím going to start naming business and employee names in my reviews.

As I understand it, a Kawasaki nomad/voyager/vaquero ECU has minimal pops on deceleration after an Ivan flash. Am I wrong?

Do you think I should get baffles for the FP TD 4Ē? Will that interfere with performance after the Ivan flash? Itís really loud, racetrack loud.

As it is now, I think itís lean because of all the popping. It popped all the time in all gears on or off throttle. Very unhappy with service by dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode