Corbin owners please report - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Corbin owners please report

Ok, I know the seat debates have gone on a long time. This is not a question about which seat is better. I would like to get some reports from Corbin owners now that you've had some saddle time. I especially want to know about the passenger seat since the Corbin sits the driver back a couple inches. Is the passenger crowded? Anyone use the Corbin trunk backrest on the Voyager? If so, how does that change the passenger's position from stock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 03:46 PM

I've had the Corbin on my VV for almost a year now, along with their rider and passenger backrests. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the Corbin, although I haven't been on any long rides with it yet. The monkee butt that you get with softer seats is really non-existent with this seat. I'd say that the butt pain that you do get from the Corbin due to its firmness is better than the heated feeling you get with a softer seat. It's easier to scoot your butt around to different positions on the firmer seat - you can just slide rather than having to raise yourself up. When toting a passenger, I have to remove my backrest. Regarding the passenger seating, my wife likes it better than the stocker. I don't think either of us noticed any real difference in terms of room compared to a stock seat, even though there is more room in the front, but she hasn't ridden very much so I'm not positive on that one. She likes the passenger backrest better than the stock - plus it looks better too.

'09 Kawasaki Voyager ABS
USMC 77-99
PGR
Band of Brothers USMC MRC
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Top Contributor

I have one for sale I will make you a heck of deal. Seat was bought new in May and has about 2000 miles on it. Its in like new condition!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

2010 Voyager
Scootworks 2 inch fat risers
vance&Hines slipons
Mustang Wide Touring studded
PCV
Michelin commander 2
Ipod adapter
Titanium header wrap
8 to 12.5 inch bagger windshield
Iso grips with Rays throttle mod
Chrome rear floor board covers
Kams Kit

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, Top K. I had a Corbin on my 1600 Nomad. I really liked the seating position and the firm ride was fine for average length trips. Anything more than three hours or so I had to use an AirHawk cushion. I did a two week, 3800 mile trip on the Corbin + AirHawk and 500 mile days were no problem. But the Voyager has a more compact seating arrangement and I was afraid setting me back a couple inches might crowd the wife too much. I was hoping that the Corbin trunk backrest might compensate a bit, plus she has already said she wants longer arm rests which the Corbin has.

Thanks again for your assessment. I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode