Ultimate seat - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700
Ultimate seat

I just received my ultimate mid-rider seat for the voyager 1700 the other day and i thought I'd give a little info about it since i couldn't find much about it before i purchased mine. If you buy from their web site you will get a 14 day trial period and if you don't like it send it back your only out the shipping cost both ways. I'm keeping it i like it. My biggest problem with the stock seat was the wedge shape feeling right were my tailbone sits on the seat and the ultimate eliminates that wedge so for me it's a lot better. The seat looks exactly the same except for that wedge shaped corner so expect the same feeling between your legs I.E. not wider or narrower. I can't tell if the foam is any better until i spend more then 6 hours steady on the bike, that's when the stock seat started bothering me. They claim that it will not move you any closer to the tank or taller than the stock seat and that seams to be true. When ordering they will ask for your height and weight giving the impression that it is custom made to you but it is not, the same foam is used for every seat. They make them ahead of time and keep them in stock so not custom made. The company operates out of Florida and the sticker on the bottom of my seat said made in Canada. All in all i think it is better than the stock and worth the price and if i get more than 6 hours in the saddle then that would be icing on the cake.
One more thing the rider seat will work with the stock passenger seat but the stock passenger seat will slightly overhang the rider seat. It doesent bother me but it might bother others. I am ordering the passenger seat and back rest next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 11:24 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2000 Nomad 1500 fi
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Purplish Black Mica
Thanks.Good Info to know. I have been on their site several times, your info helped fill some gaps.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 02:21 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Charcole Gray
Iíve got the seat, drivers back rest and passenger seat. They threw in the rain covers. A much better seat than stock. I bought mine from the here in Canada in Canadian funds. It was sent directly to me from Ontario.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700
Sailorman3 did you ever have the chance to use the rain covers? Are they worth it? I guess the better question is did you ride in the rain without the rain covers on and found that they are really not necessary.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 09:27 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Charcole Gray
I didnít ride in the rain with the seat at all. I donít put them on when I wash the bike but the covering is very soft so I donít know how much water it would take to damage it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode