Top trunk removal quick disconnect KIT - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Top trunk removal quick disconnect KIT

I have removed my top trunk for one up riding and what a difference it makes,but putting the trunk back on is a pain.I use to have a quick disconnect Jardine backrest brackets on my Suzuki that worked great and I was thinking of using that as a mod to remove and remount my trunk.Do any of you with a Nomad or Classic model use a quick disconnect bracket with your Back rest mountings?I cannot find any that are specific with our 1700 model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Vulcan Hammer Send a message via Skype™ to Vulcan Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta-kid View Post
I have removed my top trunk for one up riding and what a difference it makes,but putting the trunk back on is a pain.I use to have a quick disconnect Jardine backrest brackets on my Suzuki that worked great and I was thinking of using that as a mod to remove and remount my trunk.Do any of you with a Nomad or Classic model use a quick disconnect bracket with your Back rest mountings?I cannot find any that are specific with our 1700 model?
I ordered the Kawi Rear Luggage Rack for my Classic LT Backrest and my dealer brought in the Quick Release version by mistake. Too bad it didn't fit as it was only about $127 (half the price of the Bolt-on Luggage Rack I needed).

So, clearly, a series of Quick Release items are available for the Classic/Classic LT which may fit on other 1700's. A Quick Release Backrest, Saddle Bag Mounts and Rear Luggage Rack should all be available on the Kawi Web Site, listed under Accessories.

Is that what you needed, or did I misinterpret the question?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

I will check the kawi site but I do not believe there is any avaliable yet for the 1700.I went around measuring the older 900,1500 and 1600 vulcans rear fender bolt mounts to see if the quick disconnect kits that are made for the older Vulcans would fit.But what i found was the older vulcans have a 9 1/4 inch front to back bolt spread and our 1700 units is over 10 inches ,so the older existing kits will not work as is.I am going to e-mail Jardine and see what they say.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 07:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Vulcan Hammer Send a message via Skype™ to Vulcan Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta-kid View Post
I will check the kawi site but I do not believe there is any avaliable yet for the 1700.I went around measuring the older 900,1500 and 1600 vulcans rear fender bolt mounts to see if the quick disconnect kits that are made for the older Vulcans would fit.But what i found was the older vulcans have a 9 1/4 inch front to back bolt spread and our 1700 units is over 10 inches ,so the older existing kits will not work as is.I am going to e-mail Jardine and see what they say.
I believe that forum member 1700Classic has the quick release backrest and saddle bag mounts on his Classic and I personally had the new "1700 Classic" Quick Release Luggage Rack in my hands, so I know they exist and can be ordered. By the way, the 900 Classic and 1700 Classic Luggage Racks are identical with the same width and bolt spacing.

Whether they will fit on a Nomad, Voyager or Vaquero is another story
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

yes I found them on the Kawi Canada site for the 1700 Vaquero.I see the mounting bracket kit is needed first and may be all I need,as it appears it changes the actual mounting bolt spread to be closer to gather,which may mean the earlier kits from Jardine for the 900 and 1600;s may fit.
I have not priced them yet here in Canada but I am thinking they will not be cheap.Can you tell me what the cost is in the US?I have also e-mailed Jardine to see if they are coming out with a kit for a 1700 model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode