Any experience with Bakup backrests? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 50
Any experience with Bakup backrests?

They look like they attach to the fender and are pretty sturdy. Kinda pricey, though. Anybody have one?
Nerdybiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
fysl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 161
Garage
yes i have it on my nomad , BUT it has few cons :

1- it sits far way back .
2- high , doesnt support your lower back .
3- if you are short handed you must lean back .
4- makes a gap between the two parts of the seat ( passenger seat rattles )

ps: its not attached to the fender , its attached to the rear passenger seat.

-2011 nomad
fysl is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
yes i have it on my nomad , BUT it has few cons :

1- it sits far way back .
2- high , doesnt support your lower back .
3- if you are short handed you must lean back .
4- makes a gap between the two parts of the seat ( passenger seat rattles )

ps: its not attached to the fender , its attached to the rear passenger seat.
Thank you for your reply,

So it does not adjust to move the body forward towards the handlebars? The rider is forced to sit too far back?

Their website seems to advertise the "adjustability" of the backrest quite a bit.
Nerdybiker is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Senior Member
 
fysl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 161
Garage
i had the custom international backrest on my 900 custom , it was great fully adjustable , but it has on con which was uncomfortable to the passenger ( on the 900 ) , iam thinking of replacing the backup with the custom ,

the Backup is not adjustible at all .

-2011 nomad

Last edited by fysl; 08-14-2012 at 02:21 PM.
fysl is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus WI
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
i had the custom international backrest on my 900 custom , it was great fully adjustable , but it has on con which was uncomfortable to the passenger ( on the 900 ) , iam thinking of replacing the backup with the custom ,

the Backup is not adjustible at all .
I just got the Custom World for my 1700 Nomad and is fully adjustable. up and down and forword and back at least 3 inches. Seems very comfortable for the few short rides to work so far. My wife got on the back and does not even come close to touching her. Shes happy. The Grasshopper i had she hated because the fold over edges of the vynal would touch and poke at her legs. Also is very solid and looks great.
jp58 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Longwood Fl
Year/Make/Model: 2011 Vulcan Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp58 View Post
I just got the Custom World for my 1700 Nomad and is fully adjustable. up and down and forword and back at least 3 inches. Seems very comfortable for the few short rides to work so far. My wife got on the back and does not even come close to touching her. Shes happy. The Grasshopper i had she hated because the fold over edges of the vynal would touch and poke at her legs. Also is very solid and looks great.
How does it attach? Also do you have any pictures of it?
Bluemeanie is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
i had the custom international backrest on my 900 custom , it was great fully adjustable , but it has on con which was uncomfortable to the passenger ( on the 900 ) , iam thinking of replacing the backup with the custom ,

the Backup is not adjustible at all .
Ok, now I'm confused, the Bakup folks replied to my email and stated the bakup backrest for the 2009 and beyond Voyager is forward/back and up/down adjustable... as well as "spring loaded."

Can someone post a pic of the adjustment points on this backrest and post a pic of a finished install?

Thanks for all your posts so far!!
Nerdybiker is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus WI
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemeanie View Post
How does it attach? Also do you have any pictures of it?
The custom world attaches to the back seat under the factory hardware. Will try to get a pic before i leave on vacation saturday.
jp58 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Senior Member
 
fysl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 161
Garage
fysl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bakup VS custom world drivers back rest ballbreaker Vulcan 1700 8 04-27-2014 11:18 AM
Bakup Rider Backrest? CPOGeorge General Vulcan Talk 0 08-23-2012 01:22 PM
Any options for Vaquero backrests other than Kawasakis rip off of 500-700 with dock? tmango Vulcan 1700 5 08-28-2011 05:39 PM
bags and backrests scootter Vulcan 900 17 07-25-2010 01:53 PM
Passenger backrests nejones61 General Vulcan Talk 3 04-05-2009 08:19 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome