Lowers for 1700 Classics? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lowers for 1700 Classics?

I'm looking at chrome lowers for 1700 Classic and it appears you must have the factory windshield since there's only one bolt in the forks. Since I don't have the factory windshield (MS Batwing), are there any chrome lowers that will fit?

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Contributor

I bought Kawasaki lowers to use with a Kawasaki quick release windshield. They don't work with the quick release windshield hardware. So a trip to the hardware store for some spacers and chrome bolts and a little cutting/drilling and presto they fit and look stock. Just look over the lowers before you purchase and plan on modifying them to accommodate your fairing. I plan on reusing my lowers if I ever decide to use a batwing. I'll just have to fab them up a little more.

2011 Black Vaquero
V&H Slips, Thunder Stock Air, Cobra Fi2000r
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Vulcan Hammer Send a message via Skype™ to Vulcan Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazjemo View Post
I'm looking at chrome lowers for 1700 Classic and it appears you must have the factory windshield since there's only one bolt in the forks. Since I don't have the factory windshield (MS Batwing), are there any chrome lowers that will fit?
Memphis Shades make what they call Wind Deflectors that attach directly to their Batwing. These might eliminate the need for standard Lowers...

http://www.memphisshades.com/metric-...ind-deflectors

If you want Chromed Steel Lowers you may be able to get some Harley lowers to work, but they generally attach to their windshield brackets.

The best Chrome Lowers I ever had were from National Cycle, but again, they are only designed to work with their windshield brackets.

Another option might be to get the the standard Memphis Shades lowers that attach directly to the fork tubes. Order the acrylic panels to match your Batwing or paint them.

Last edited by Vulcan Hammer; 08-02-2012 at 08:37 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Hammer View Post
Memphis Shades make what they call Wind Deflectors that attach directly to their Batwing. These might eliminate the need for standard Lowers...

http://www.memphisshades.com/metric-...ind-deflectors
When looking at compatibility of accessories for the MS batwing the wind deflectors are not listed for the 1700 Classic/LT on Memphis Shades site. During my research when I had considered getting one I believe the issue was some sort of clearance. So even though the fairing may have the holes for the wind deflectors I'm not positive they'll work.

This application chart shows that they leave out the lowers;

http://www.memphisshades.com/applica...atwing-fairing

Maybe they could be fabbed but I'd probably take my chances on a traditional set of lowers because there are many possibilities to fit them up.

Last edited by 1700Classic; 08-02-2012 at 09:22 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 AM

lowers

Memphis shades now makes a longer clear plastic lowers. Bought a set in Sturgis.They help,Mount to the fork tubes with their brackets,They are 14 inches by 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode