Turn Signals - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Turn Signals

I'm looking for some quality turn signals that will fit on the OEM light bar I installed on my 2012 Nomad. First off I would say that for $400 this is the biggest piece of ...well, let's just say I am sorely disappointed in the quality. The turn signals are plastic, with plastic mounts for the bulb sockets. Both of the socket mounts have broken due to vibration (roads are not that bad where I live...) and that causes the ground wires to break. I have not had any luck yet in finding a replacement that I think will mount directly without some modification. If anyone has found anything that will work for this application, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks and ride safe!

2012 1700 Nomad w/ Touring Package
K&N Air filter
Chuckster's trailer hitch
Kuryakyn trailer light isolator harness
Kawasaki light bar
Kuryakyn isolator harness for aux. lights
Blue Sea Systems fuse box for aux. systems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof8 View Post
I'm looking for some quality turn signals that will fit on the OEM light bar I installed on my 2012 Nomad. First off I would say that for $400 this is the biggest piece of ...well, let's just say I am sorely disappointed in the quality. The turn signals are plastic, with plastic mounts for the bulb sockets. Both of the socket mounts have broken due to vibration (roads are not that bad where I live...) and that causes the ground wires to break. I have not had any luck yet in finding a replacement that I think will mount directly without some modification. If anyone has found anything that will work for this application, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks and ride safe!
I concur with the quality of the turn signals. Have had to glue the plastic casings when they crack and re-solder the ground wires already. Unfortunately I haven't come across any replacements that probably wouldn't require heavy modifications. My main gripe currently though is that they are not very bright (or as bright as I would like them). I found it easier just to make extra custom LED signals myself and install them on the handlebars (for increased visibility). So at least if the crappy toy signals fail again I'll still be street legal.

2009 1700 Nomad (Black)
OPT7 LED headlamp
Painted brake disks
Kawasaki light bar
Scootworks bar risers & engine chaps
RAM phone mount & drink holder
Kuryakyn speakers & AC outlet
National speedometer cowl
Wolo air horn
Oxford heated grips
Vaquero engine emblems
Mustang touring seat
Irons in the Fire rack
Kuryakyn Triple Play tail light
Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust
LED custom driving lights, accents, and turn signals
Goodyear Tripletred rear tire (205-16-60)
Ivans ECU flash

Last edited by matt7even; 03-16-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode