turn signals (thinking) - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

turn signals (thinking)

I had alook at the turn signals and it looks very cool, and I remembered yesterday while wasing my voyager, I was thinking that it would look cool if the brake light on the trunk also where combined to surve as a turn signal.

If you put orange LED's a couple of inches on the left and the right, I think it would look
nice. I did not recearched it, but do not want to step on any toes.

If anyone had done it before does it look nice, only had my bike for almost a week now and is starting make it my own.

Cheers everybody
Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I have done something similar to trunks on scooters past. I used red because I always converted the amber turn light to red turn/stop lights using LED's. Not much to it.. just have to find the right LED assembly you like. I used superbrightled.com for years. I replaced all my stop lights on my scooters and cars using LED's... for a while I made my own boards and made brake lights for people in our riding group.

You can make any 12 volt LED light assembly a runlight/stop/turn easily light with a 380 or so ohm resister, two diodes, using two power input sources run light voltage before the resister and brake/turn voltage input voltage source wire behind of the resister. At a cost of less than a dollar.

But I have lost the urge to be all LED like I used to be.... I am not going to change anything on this Voyager I got. Or add over 800 LED's (not counting turn signal and brake led's) like I did my Venture. My brake light on my Venture had 350 super bright red leds and 30 blue (for blue dot effect) in the center. The trailer I pull behind my motorcycle you can see the brake lights over 5 miles away.... in the daytime... two 8x5 boards with superbright led's.... the kind we used on our cop motorcycles/cars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	led.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	12341

Bubba in TX

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
U.S.A.F. Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired
Blue Knights Texas 43

Last edited by Bubba in TX; 07-24-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode