Mustang Seats - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Mustang Seats

I'm thinking about installing aftermarket seats on my 2010 Nomad but I'm concerned that it may either raise me higher off the ground or push me forward. I had Mustang seats with the driver backrest on my previous bike, Shadow 750, and it was very comfortable. It did raise me up a little but the Shadow was a smaller bike so it wasn't a problem. I'm 5'10 and the stock Nomad seats fit me fine as far as both feet hitting the ground. But I don't want to get too much further from the ground. I was considering buying the upgrade seat from Kawasaki which is think is just additional padding. Anyone have any experience with the Mustang seat on the Nomad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 10:43 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: MetalicBlackk/Silver
Garage
That's the bad thing about seats. They cost so much and you really don't know how they will fit you as an individual until after you buy it and ride it for a while to break it in. I have a Corbin Dual Touring on my Voyager cost me $650 and just got lucky on my first try how well it fit me. My old V Star I went through 3 seats 1 being a mustang before I found the seat. My old Harley 2 seats.

Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Silver
Garage
My day Tripper lowered me I bit and pushed me forward a bit.

"As long as I have the voices in my head, I'll never ride alone."

2006 Vulcan 900 classic
Mustang Day Tripper seat
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra Air Scoop
Cobra short sissy bar
Cobra Lowers
Baron's front and rear pulley
Baron's Big and Nasty pipes
Leatherlyke hard bags
Blue Superbrites LED accent lights
Chrome Woo Loo Air Horn
Avon Grips

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That is so right. I wish there was a way to somehow test it first but I guess not. I got lucky too on my Shadow but worried about the investment on my Nomad.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 08:26 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700
I have also been researching seats for my Voyager with the same concerns about height and i found the Ultimate seat states in their advertisement that it will be the same height and not move you forward or backward from the stock seat. That's for the voyager maybe it will work for your bike.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 01:19 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2000 Nomad 1500 fi
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Purplish Black Mica
Here is an alternative for you to explore. I haven't used them personally , but those that I know have, seem pleased with them.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/index....age&Itemid=227
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the information! Definitely an option to consider. I was considering adding the extra gel padding from the manufacturer but this might be a better option. My seat isn't horrible but once you've had aftermarket seats, you do get a little spoiled.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I dont know where you are located but here is a link to a shop that a couple of my buddies have used and were very happy with the results. One has an older goldwing and the other has a can-am spyder. They can either build you a new seat or make your existing one fit you better:

Rich's Custom Seats

2012 Kawasaki Voyager
Thunder Manufacturing Round Air Kit
Dynojet PCV Fuel Processor
Dynojet AT-300 Autotune Module
Freedom Performance True Dual's (racing Baffles)
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Michellin Commander ll's Front & Back
RacnRay's Throttle Grip
iPod Connector
Manual Fan Switch

Last edited by dlars; 02-12-2018 at 08:48 AM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 03:00 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Mean Streak
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Candy Fire Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtexum1 View Post
I'm thinking about installing aftermarket seats on my 2010 Nomad but I'm concerned that it may either raise me higher off the ground or push me forward. I had Mustang seats with the driver backrest on my previous bike, Shadow 750, and it was very comfortable. It did raise me up a little but the Shadow was a smaller bike so it wasn't a problem. I'm 5'10 and the stock Nomad seats fit me fine as far as both feet hitting the ground. But I don't want to get too much further from the ground. I was considering buying the upgrade seat from Kawasaki which is think is just additional padding. Anyone have any experience with the Mustang seat on the Nomad?
I have been doing a lot of reading on a replacement seat. The general consensus is that Mustang puts you a little higher and forward than stock and Corbin a bit lower. There are lots of places that will re-work the stock but that is out for me since I want a wider passenger section and they can't do much about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stessel View Post
That's the bad thing about seats. They cost so much and you really don't know how they will fit you as an individual until after you buy it and ride it for a while to break it in. I have a Corbin Dual Touring on my Voyager cost me $650 and just got lucky on my first try how well it fit me. My old V Star I went through 3 seats 1 being a mustang before I found the seat. My old Harley 2 seats.

Good Luck!
I'm almost ready to order a Corbin, but the reviews are definitely mixed. Guessing that not all are talking about the dual tour which is the one I want. Any other thoughts you care to share on that model?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I think I may try the pillow top gel that Kawasaki sells first. Cost about $152 and that might do the trick. The current seat isn't awful but I really like the mustang seat when I had it one my Shadow. We will see what happens. Mustang definitely lifts you higher and pushes you forward but I like the feel and the adjustable backrest that comes with the Mustang. I have cheap driver backrest I found on Ebay for $85 but it has done the trick thus far. I have no experience with the Corbin but always heard it's a nice seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode