8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700 ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black-Silver
Send a message via AIM to auwing1978 Send a message via MSN to auwing1978
9/17 Ivan Update For 1700's

Sorry if they has been discussed already....I cannot find anything. I looked at Ivan's website yesterday and he has posted a 9/17 Update for Voyager/Vaquero's. Anyone have any intel on this? Ivan reflashed the ECU on my bone stock 2016 in May (love it!) so I got the benefit of the 4/17 Update. I likely will pull my ECU over the winter and send it in. I am just curious if anyone knows anything about what this latest Update does. Thanks!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 01:19 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
Color: Gray
Garage
I have it on my bike... here is my original post after I got it: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/5...ml#post2781026
Not sure how to explain it...bike just runs better, more responsive I guess... feels like more power.
The update is free... just send it in... you won't regret it

Chris M.

2015 Vulcan Voyager
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - SOLD
2007 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic - SOLD
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmalek View Post
I have it on my bike... here is my original post after I got it: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/5...ml#post2781026
Not sure how to explain it...bike just runs better, more responsive I guess... feels like more power.
The update is free... just send it in... you won't regret it
I have the 4/2017 version, do you know what is the difference with this one? He doesn't post details in the webpage. Maybe we will need to call and ask.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700cc
Color: Black and silver
Garage
I just had mine reflashed and it did away with the surging at Idle till it warms up, now it idles high till it warms up like it did at stock! I also took it for a ride to change the oil and it seems to be more responsive and smoother threw the power range I love it. I will ride more next spring unless we get a couple warm days as it is 45 degrees here in Iowa now, just a bit chilly for my taste for a good ride

Thanks Ivan for a great service in making our Kaw's run better!!!!
auwing1978 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Voyager
K&N Filter
Ivan's ECU Tune
Racin Rays Throttle mod
Vance and Hines twin slash pipes
Kuryakyn Off-Set Dually Highway Pegs
Kaw's rear speaker kit to Cover up the wife's singing
I-pod connection kit with 32 gigs of music
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Commander II's
All front Led Lights
Rear signal led mod
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 10:32 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Voyager / 2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak
Displacement/CC's: 1700 / 1500
Color: Metallic Carbon Gray / Metallic Spark Black
Thank you for he update, will probably send mine in this winter as well, the surging idle at startup is a little annoying, otherwise this is the best thing I've done to my bike.

All Knowledge is learning and therefore good (D.A.R.Y.L.)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 11:35 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Voyager
Color: Pearl White/Titanium
I should be getting mine back from Ivan Monday after having the re-reflash my original flash was done in April 2016. when I talked to Ivan before I sent it in I asked him what the difference will be and he said. "the bike will just be happier, minor changes but noticeable on throttle response and smoothness" will still need premium fuel but knocks will be gone. Will have to see when winter finally turns to riding season
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 09:34 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2013/Kawasaki/Nomad
Color: Titanium and Black
Garage
I recently got my re-flashed ECU back from Ivan. I am excited about testing it out this spring.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 03:53 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Voyager
Color: Gray/Black
Garage
Just giving my 2 cents on the 9/17 Ivan upgrade... Just recently got it back and I am impressed.

A little background, I bought my bike used and it came with the original Ivan flash and otherwise stock pipes/intake and everything else drive train related. I rode it ~25k miles with this original flash. I have never ridden a totally stock Voyager 1700 with stock ECU settings so I am coming from an upgraded bike already.

This new 9/17 reflash is an entirely different world! The biggest difference is the smooth throttle response at slow speeds coming on an off throttle or trying to stay at a steady speed when following traffic in town and it is now as smooth or smoother than anything else I've ridden. This in itself was a big enough change to satisfy me but it also feels just a bit stronger between 2-3000 RPMs than before which is where I typically stay so rolling on to pass at highway speeds is very slightly improved. Also, as was mentioned above, the entire rev range seems smoother and more linear and more refined as if you are less aware of how quickly you are building speed.

Lastly (and this is just my one test so far), I believe MPG's have slightly improved. I did about 310 miles on Sunday which was sunny and temps between 40-55 degrees F. 120 miles highway at 65-75MPH and I got 41MPG with crosswind/headwind. Next 85 miles was slow and tight back roads and "mountain" roads in eastern KY. I got 39MPG likely due to lots of engine braking/climbing hills. Last was the 95 miles of interstate back home where I set the cruise control at 70MPH and sung some tunes. Had a bit of a tail wind and the MPGs were 45! This is all with just me at 180lbs and nothing in the bags. This is all calculated from odometer and the gas pump, not from the bike's trip computer which is generous

I hope anyone who hasn't experienced an ECU flash and especially this upgrade sends their's out to Ivan. Super simple and great results which makes me love riding this thing much more.
Peg, koogeorge, auwing1978 and 1 others like this.

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700

"May all your miles produce many smiles" - Thought of it while I was riding
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 12:51 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2011 kawasaki vulcan nomad
Color: black & silver
Garage
I just got a 2011 nomad for my 50th body from my wife. had a cobra fi2000 that did not work on it, took that off and sent my ECU to Ivan on Monday its now in Chicago can wait to get it back.

WATCH THIS
2011 Vulcan nomad
VANCE & HINES slip ons
K&N Air filter
Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Mirrors
Ivanized
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 09:39 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Kawasaki 1700 Voyager
Color: Blue/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by zheissler View Post
Just giving my 2 cents on the 9/17 Ivan upgrade... Just recently got it back and I am impressed.

A little background, I bought my bike used and it came with the original Ivan flash and otherwise stock pipes/intake and everything else drive train related. I rode it ~25k miles with this original flash. I have never ridden a totally stock Voyager 1700 with stock ECU settings so I am coming from an upgraded bike already.

This new 9/17 reflash is an entirely different world! The biggest difference is the smooth throttle response at slow speeds coming on an off throttle or trying to stay at a steady speed when following traffic in town and it is now as smooth or smoother than anything else I've ridden. This in itself was a big enough change to satisfy me but it also feels just a bit stronger between 2-3000 RPMs than before which is where I typically stay so rolling on to pass at highway speeds is very slightly improved. Also, as was mentioned above, the entire rev range seems smoother and more linear and more refined as if you are less aware of how quickly you are building speed.

Lastly (and this is just my one test so far), I believe MPG's have slightly improved. I did about 310 miles on Sunday which was sunny and temps between 40-55 degrees F. 120 miles highway at 65-75MPH and I got 41MPG with crosswind/headwind. Next 85 miles was slow and tight back roads and "mountain" roads in eastern KY. I got 39MPG likely due to lots of engine braking/climbing hills. Last was the 95 miles of interstate back home where I set the cruise control at 70MPH and sung some tunes. Had a bit of a tail wind and the MPGs were 45! This is all with just me at 180lbs and nothing in the bags. This is all calculated from odometer and the gas pump, not from the bike's trip computer which is generous

I hope anyone who hasn't experienced an ECU flash and especially this upgrade sends their's out to Ivan. Super simple and great results which makes me love riding this thing much more.
I had my ECU flashed by Ivan about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I completely agree with what you are saying. I love how my bike runs now and yes I think mileage is a bit better. Another awesome thing, I hear that cooling fan kicking in more often and the temp gauge has not gotten as high as it used to. With the exchange rate here in Canada, the flash is not cheap but I will say it was definitely money well spent.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
auwing1978 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode