Anyone ever ridden... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone ever ridden...

the road up Mt. Evans in Colorado? Trying to decide whether to do it this summer and was wondering what to expect. Will be riding with 4 other couples. Have heard it's a little daunting!

"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted!" Garrison Keillor

2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Kawasaki Light Bar
Gel Seat
MC Hitch Trailer Hitch
Grasshopper Backrest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM

I took my wife and kids on a Colorado vacation back in 1995. One of the things that I did was take the rental car up Mt Evans road, which I believe is the highest road in the US. I made the trip up alone because my wife was too scared to try it.
I remember it being very beautiful. I was up there in July. Their were frozen ponds and icy areas with snow here and there. The most memorable thing for me was as I approached the top of the mountain, I came across a bunch of rocky moutain goats running all over the place. They had long fluffy white hair with horns. I'll never forget how special that was.
Driving up to the top, you can look to the east and see the flat plains, and mountain peaks everywhere else.
Be extra careful on a bike. I totally recommend making the trip.
Take care, Eric
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Went there also in 95 and same as last post, well worth the time to make the trip. Was in a car at the time and remember being in the upper 80's on the bottom and still had snow up top. We took pictures from the top but got cold quickly with shorts and tshirt on.

2014 Honda Gold Wing
2011 Vaquero sold
2009 900lt sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode