Oil change observations - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2017/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/Grey
Oil change observations

Just picked up a 17 Voyager. Ran a "spirited" break in for the first 100 miles. Dropped oil at 136 miles. I usually send off my oil to Blackstone for analysis, but I don't need to pay them to know it's average oil with a ton of crap in it.

Drained oil overnight while occasionally rocking it side to side. Next day, button everything up, fill with 5 quarts and run and check per Kawasaki Owners manual.

Oil barely registered on stick. Screwed completely in naturally. 5.5 quarts brought it up to half way up the cross hairs where I left it.

Just wanted to find a reason to make my first post!!! Now, I have to see if I want to get Ivan's ECU. Right now, the bike seems to run great! Will I see a substantial better or smoother running of the bike with Ivan's ECU? Man, I remember when I had my Triumph Rocket III Touring. 20 dollars cable and TuneECU and you were in the ECU.

Anyways, love the bike and can't wait to do some long distance touring. Best value for the dollar bike bike out there! Glad to be a part of the group!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
After having mine over 5 years and 60k plus miles, this is without a doubt the most frustrating motorcycle I have ever owned when it comes to checking the oil level. You will never get the same level even if you check it several times a day. When I change the oil, I always measure how much I take out. So far it is always 5 quarts. So I just put back in 5 quarts and the level is always within the "cross hairs" somewhere.

By the way, did you survive the big blow? My sister moved from here in central Texas about 6 months ago to Inverness FL. Lot of damage there. As well as everywhere else. Had a sister in law move to Houston last October from Ft Worth. Same thing.

Bubba in TX

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
U.S.A.F. Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired
Blue Knights Texas 43

Last edited by Bubba in TX; 10-02-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode