Ordered Commander II's - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Ordered Commander II's

For $284 from Motorcycle Superstore... front and rear. My local dealer (Kaw / Honda) wanted $280 for rear, and $85 to mount. When I said no wonder more folks are going darkside, I got an ear full about how dangerous it is and they won't mount them. Fine, but I am not paying you $280 for a tire I can buy online for $180. Well, we won't mount tires not bought here. I said OK I will decide what to do and get back with you, and they said their cost was $188, but could go $212 for me.

This place irritates me every time I go in, and even though it was nice to drop the price of tire $68, I guess still irritated that they were willing to charge so much more / had that much room to drop. So I came home and ordered online.

Another dealer (Yamaha, Victory) half hour away doesn't care where I buy my tires, but does cost about same to change. I am also going to check with another local shop that just opened for mounting.

I have 7k on my Vaquero, and the rear is pretty thin, while the front actually seems to have a lot of tread left. But I don't think it could get close to getting though the 4000 mile trip planned for early august, so probably will replace both at the same time within the next two weeks.

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero

1989 Yamaha FJ1200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode