Do I really need a PCV or similar?? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Question Do I really need a PCV or similar??

I really would like to add a K&N (other bikes and cars I have I fitted one), but have heard if you go this route a PCV or similar is a must to correct the over lean with the K&N fitted. Won't the ECU adjust the F/A mix automatically and are there any other benifits from going this route ie. more power etc.

Thanks.

2012 Voyager ABS
Rear speakers
iPod hookup
Garmin GPS
Kuraykan Cruiser Pegs
Lava wrapped pipes
Grasshopper backrest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Top Contributor

Stock ECU runs lean like all bikes. I put a K&N in the stock box and a set of slips which are not the same as running an air kit and full exhaust. I didn't go the PCV route because of issues with the Classic but I currently have a Cobra Fi2000 on it. The difference is noticeable with these basic mods over stock. Any of these bikes would benefit from a fuel box even if the air and pipes were left stock.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM

Garage
seems if you are just adding the filter you should not need an FI controller

if you add pipes then it should be seriously be considered

Thunder Mfg. Airkit * D&D Exhaust * Dobeck GEN III EFI * Kuryakyn Longhorn Pegs * Saddlebag Guards * Nuvi 550 * Mustang Seat w Backrest * Irate Mesh Radiator Grill * HD Trunk Rack * Front fender guard rails * Polk Audio DXi 525's * Dunlop 407/408 Wide White Walls * Kuryakyn ISO Grips - Weights - Throttle Bosses * RacNRay's Throttle Mod * OEM CB Radio * EdSets Headseat/Mic * Exhaust Heat Wrapped Header * Faimm Air Horn * Brake Caliper Chrome * Rear Brake Res. Tank Chrome * HogTunes Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode