Personally, I'd follow my winter storage I perform each fall on all my motorcycles, Michigan winter storage is normally 4-4 1/2 months, the longer it sits the more important it is to take a few precautions...
1. Change oil and filter
2. Fill fuel tank completely with Sta-bil treated fuel, run bike several minutes to get treated fuel through system
3. Remove spark plugs and lubricate cylinders with fogging oil
4. Remove battery or leave in bike and place on Battery Tender charger
5. Wash and wax bike
6. Spray WD-40 into mufflers and exhaust drain holes, push plastic bag into exhaust end to keep moisture and small critters out
7. Service/check all fluids... clutch, brake, coolant, etc
8. Properly inflate tires
9. Lift bike off the floor with either racing stands or motorcycle jack
The twisties – not the superslabs –separate the riders from the squids...
Last edited by DarkStar; 06-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.