Exhaust pipes - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 05:50 AM
ja1955

Exhaust pipes

What are the best sounding pipes to get for a 1700 vulcan nomad i can't make up my mind any advice, I need it. John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via Skype™ to IsAnOzzie
I got the Cobra slip ons, nice pipes but loud, I am playing with a few things to quieten them down, wrapped them with sound deadener, put a lolly pop half way up the baffle which took away the full throttle blat blat and loud over run when you back off the throttle.
I would be looking for a manufacturer that offers alternative baffles so you can have some options, Cobra offers nothing for the 1700 slip ons.
I would really like a deep mellow sound without being offensively loud.
I even considered replacing the baffles with a hotdog style muffler shoved up inside the Cobra pipes and tack welding them in if they sounded ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do or do not, there is no try. YODA
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM

The best sounding pipes are the ones you like and sound good to you. What I like might not be what you like!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 03:59 PM
ja1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsAnOzzie View Post
I got the Cobra slip ons, nice pipes but loud, I am playing with a few things to quieten them down, wrapped them with sound deadener, put a lolly pop half way up the baffle which took away the full throttle blat blat and loud over run when you back off the throttle.
I would be looking for a manufacturer that offers alternative baffles so you can have some options, Cobra offers nothing for the 1700 slip ons.
I would really like a deep mellow sound without being offensively loud.
I even considered replacing the baffles with a hotdog style muffler shoved up inside the Cobra pipes and tack welding them in if they sounded ok.
And i thought i had problems i hope you get it sorted to your likes.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 04:02 PM
ja1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgardner View Post
The best sounding pipes are the ones you like and sound good to you. What I like might not be what you like!
I have a Nomad so you are very right.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via Skype™ to IsAnOzzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1955 View Post
And i thought i had problems i hope you get it sorted to your likes.
Ah, well I don't really mind the original sound but as you know here in Australia the police will ticket you for excessive noise.

Where abouts are you?

I am on the central coast NSW

Sean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do or do not, there is no try. YODA
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM
ja1955

Hi Sean, I am in Brisbane. The police up hear in Queensland are not that bad i have been pulled over buy the motorbike cop's but he only wanted to know how good the bike was as he was thinking of buying one, we talked about the bike and that was that and off he went. John.

Last edited by ja1955; 06-16-2012 at 06:07 PM.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM
ja1955

I am still looking for pipe advice that can help me make up my mind which to get ?

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 AM
ja1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1955 View Post
What are the best sounding pipes to get for a 1700 vulcan nomad i can't make up my mind any advice, I need it. John
still need help which ones to get need advice

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM

Garage
Its like asking which seat is better mustang or corbin. Its subjective. I have cobra tri oval slip ons and I love them. I don't think they are too loud at all. To me they have a nice tone at idle and just crusing but can really bark when you hit the throttle. Im sure if you search youtube someone will have a clip of what they sound like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode