Exhaust pipes - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 05:50 AM
ja1955
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exhaust pipes

What are the best sounding pipes to get for a 1700 vulcan nomad i can't make up my mind any advice, I need it. John
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
IsAnOzzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central Coast Australia
Posts: 123
Send a message via Skype™ to IsAnOzzie
I got the Cobra slip ons, nice pipes but loud, I am playing with a few things to quieten them down, wrapped them with sound deadener, put a lolly pop half way up the baffle which took away the full throttle blat blat and loud over run when you back off the throttle.
I would be looking for a manufacturer that offers alternative baffles so you can have some options, Cobra offers nothing for the 1700 slip ons.
I would really like a deep mellow sound without being offensively loud.
I even considered replacing the baffles with a hotdog style muffler shoved up inside the Cobra pipes and tack welding them in if they sounded ok.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do or do not, there is no try. YODA
IsAnOzzie is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Junior Member
 
lsgardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Farmington Hills,Michigan
Posts: 25
The best sounding pipes are the ones you like and sound good to you. What I like might not be what you like!
lsgardner is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 03:59 PM
ja1955
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsAnOzzie View Post
I got the Cobra slip ons, nice pipes but loud, I am playing with a few things to quieten them down, wrapped them with sound deadener, put a lolly pop half way up the baffle which took away the full throttle blat blat and loud over run when you back off the throttle.
I would be looking for a manufacturer that offers alternative baffles so you can have some options, Cobra offers nothing for the 1700 slip ons.
I would really like a deep mellow sound without being offensively loud.
I even considered replacing the baffles with a hotdog style muffler shoved up inside the Cobra pipes and tack welding them in if they sounded ok.
And i thought i had problems i hope you get it sorted to your likes.
 
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 04:02 PM
ja1955
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgardner View Post
The best sounding pipes are the ones you like and sound good to you. What I like might not be what you like!
I have a Nomad so you are very right.
 
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
IsAnOzzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central Coast Australia
Posts: 123
Send a message via Skype™ to IsAnOzzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1955 View Post
And i thought i had problems i hope you get it sorted to your likes.
Ah, well I don't really mind the original sound but as you know here in Australia the police will ticket you for excessive noise.

Where abouts are you?

I am on the central coast NSW

Sean


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do or do not, there is no try. YODA
IsAnOzzie is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM
ja1955
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi Sean, I am in Brisbane. The police up hear in Queensland are not that bad i have been pulled over buy the motorbike cop's but he only wanted to know how good the bike was as he was thinking of buying one, we talked about the bike and that was that and off he went. John.

Last edited by ja1955; 06-16-2012 at 06:07 PM.
 
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM
ja1955
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I am still looking for pipe advice that can help me make up my mind which to get ?
 
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 AM
ja1955
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1955 View Post
What are the best sounding pipes to get for a 1700 vulcan nomad i can't make up my mind any advice, I need it. John
still need help which ones to get need advice
 
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 142
Garage
Its like asking which seat is better mustang or corbin. Its subjective. I have cobra tri oval slip ons and I love them. I don't think they are too loud at all. To me they have a nice tone at idle and just crusing but can really bark when you hit the throttle. Im sure if you search youtube someone will have a clip of what they sound like.
OhSteelerfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: Vulcan 900 Road Burner Street Pro (Black) exhaust pipes + stock BLACK pipes angliam Vulcan 900 28 05-01-2014 10:50 PM
Pipes, pipes, pipes....to many questions. tmonster101 Vulcan 900 30 04-17-2014 02:14 AM
debaffle pipes vs cobra's pipes hp wise mes882 Vulcan 900 8 04-15-2014 02:35 PM
Videos of new pipes Hot Rod Drag Pipes in my V2K albert2k Vulcan 2000 12 05-01-2011 03:29 PM
New pipes for the beast (My V2K) A Hot Rod Drag Pipes albert2k Vulcan 2000 5 03-03-2011 08:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome