5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700 ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black-Silver
Send a message via AIM to auwing1978 Send a message via MSN to auwing1978
Ivanized!

OK.....count me as one more very satisfied Ivan's customer. I got the ECU back mid morning and got it back together for a 25 mile shakedown ride. Here are my initial impressions:

Bone stock 2016 purchased in January....2000 miles when Ivanized.

Ivan's instructions say to disconnect the 02 Sensor if bike is 2015 or higher. And that is all it says. I had to do a little Googling and then call Ivan to determine that I had to take the two side panels off to get to the connector. Ivan suggested zip tying the bottom connector to something back there so it does not flop around...which I did.

Otherwise easy to put i back together. Did the ignition key on/off for 5 seconds and then disconnected the neg. battery connection for 5 seconds as Ivan suggests.

Bike started right up. I could tell that indeed the idle does now go up a and down a few times for the first 30-45 seconds after starting. But then settles down.

Just going out of my subdivision I could tell that the pops and bangs on deceleration are GONE.

I headed out to the I-5 freeway onramp that is very close to my house. Heading down the onramp I could tell right away that there is more power and and is smooth. I could also sense the dramatic difference in the throttle.....VERY RESPONSIVE! Like it supposed to feel and act is the best I can describe.

On the freeway, I could tell that the classic 'lag' when more throttle applied at speed (like for passing) is GONE. A flick of the throttle and the bike responds lightening quick and with authority. And GONE is the need to downshift to get some more RPM's for passing etc......even in 6th gear OD! That is a dramatic difference.

Also on the freeway the bike just does not seem to be working hard like it did before. A newfound energy and positive feel that just was not there before. Does not seem as vibrating.....much more smooth. The bike is not working so hard and as a result I probably am not either.

Bike also does run cooler. The temp gauge stayed just a tick below the straight up middle one the freeway. When I exited and got in stop and go, the needle went to the other side of middle, but not like 3/4 over like it did pre-Ivan.

And I was not aware of the heat on the right side from the engine that has always been there.

Overall, with just a few miles on it, the Ivaniztion has exceeded my expectations. This is now the bike I thought I way buying with almost 104 cubic inches.

The one thing I did notice is that after it was warmed up, the idle is a bit lower....maybe 875 to 900. It was a good 950 before. I will drive it a bit more and if it stays that way will drag out the owners manual and refresh on how to increase the idle via the Mode switches.

Overall......I am glad that I did not wait to get Ivanized. 2000 miles was enough for me experience all the OEM symptoms that Ivanizing cures. Thanks to all here who have shared their Ivan Experience! It is the Real Deal.
Peg likes this.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Vulcan Nomad
Color: Maroon/Gold
Excellent!

I was planning on sending mine off but I had to get tires first. Hopefully next month I'll have mine done.

Do you have any other mods or is the bike still stock other than then flash?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 03:13 AM
Peg
Top Contributor

Garage
I've just put my re-Ivanized (flash V2) ECU back in my bike and noticed the idle down low as well. I'm wondering whether disconnecting the battery has reset the idle setting? Let's have a look...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle speed 1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	194498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle speed 2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	194506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle speed 3.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	194514  

Paul (Peg) Elliott
New Plymouth, NZ. '10 Voyager 1700
'02 Nomad 1500(sold) '97 VN800B (sold)
2 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's, 1 Yamaha (all dead)

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Voyager 1700 ABS
Color: Black-Silver
Send a message via AIM to auwing1978 Send a message via MSN to auwing1978
Only other things I have bought since purchase in January is MIrror Extenders, 16 inch Slipstreamer windscreen and Kawasaki Pillow Top Touring Seat (dealer game me 30% any Kawasaki accessories when I bought so it was like $100). I took off the Kuryakin highway pegs from my V Star that I traded in and put those on the Voyager. .

I did go add +50 RPM and how idling below 1000 RPM.....somewhere around 950.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:17 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Voyager
Color: Silver / Black
Garage
I now have a Power Commander V that came on the bike when I bought it (used) I want to Ivanize (Thanks to auwing1978 AKA Bruce) so can I just leave the Power Commander installed (its REALLY DEEPLY installed! especially with no instructions to follow to reverse install) is there some way I can disable the Power Commander or will the Ivan flash overide the power cammander, does ANYBODY know?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:25 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 vaquero
Color: White
Garage
I am trying to hold off until next year to get Ivan done....reading this i might also have to get my 2016 done...DAMNIT!

2016 Vulcan Vaquero
2012 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700
Color: Titanium and Black
I can't believe the difference in the throttle response. It is immediate and caught me by surprise the first time I rode after reinstalling the ecu. Wow!
Peg and Diggles like this.

2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700
Ultimate Seat with Driver Backrest
Ivan's ECU flash 2
Freedom performance Slip on mufflers
Luverne Kawasaki Lowering Kit
Batwing fairing
Darkside 205/60/16 with Endeavor reversed trike
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2011 Nomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
I can't believe the difference in the throttle response. It is immediate and caught me by surprise the first time I rode after reinstalling the ecu. Wow!
If you're flash is anything like mine, be cautious with the throttle in 2nd when turning to a new street or you'll soon be picking bark from your teeth.

2011 Nomad: Black & Metallic Gray, Chuckster's Light Bar, Rac'nRay's Throttle Mod, Homemade Oversize Lowers, Kawasaki Trunk, Ivan's Flash

Past:
2014 900 Classic LT: (Sold to a happy buyer)
1975 Suzuki GT 185 (Great little twin)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700
Color: Titanium and Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanDan61 View Post
If you're flash is anything like mine, be cautious with the throttle in 2nd when turning to a new street or you'll soon be picking bark from your teeth.
Oops, I hate it when that happens. But you are right, the bike is a beast.

2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700
Ultimate Seat with Driver Backrest
Ivan's ECU flash 2
Freedom performance Slip on mufflers
Luverne Kawasaki Lowering Kit
Batwing fairing
Darkside 205/60/16 with Endeavor reversed trike
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 10:24 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2014 1700 vulcan voyager with a csc trike kit
Color: red and gray
Gilligan, I would call Ivan and ask the way he explained it to me is their now is two computers on your bike and one tellsl the other one to do this and then the other one says no i dont like what you want he told me to just have the flash done and not put a power commander or what ever on. he will answer it for you and i bet your not the first bike to have a power system on as well.

I got to take my 1700 trike out for a good 200 mile trip and it was in the hills love the power and the low running temp, mpg went up to 36 from 32 so I am happy with the whole process, best money I have spent.

Sometimetoburn

SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode