Voyager seat on the Vaquero - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: White
Question Voyager seat on the Vaquero

I hate to bring up the seat topic again but it is really the determining factor for me, buying a 2015 Voyager or a 2016 Vaquero. I stopped at the dealer again this weekend and this time, was talking about the Vaquero with someone different. They have the Voyager and the Vaquero sitting side-by-side there. I told him "If I pick the Vaquero, I'll just purchase the seat for the Voyager and put it on the Vaquero."

He says, "You won't be able to do that, even with the brackets from the Voyager. The fenders are different, ..." and proceeded to point out a few differences (or diff he thought but wasn't really sure), etc, etc. The last person there that I spoke to said "Yes, definitely you could swap the seats".

My question is, can you buy the stock Voyager seat (driver and passenger) and replace the stock Vaquero seat? Anyone done this, have a picture maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:06 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Voyager 1700
It has been done the other way around. Vaquero seat on Voyager. But I don't think you can do it that was as it is two piece seat and the fender won't accept the rear seat. The mounting bracket is slightly different too BTW on each bike. May I suggest going to a different seat manufacturer Mustang, RDL, Corbin. Mustang seat I have mounted same seat on both bikes. I personally think the Mustang is worse for passenger than OEM Voyager.

"If you want to feel smart, get stupid freinds..."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: White
Thank you very much for the info. Looks like I'm still aligned with the Voyager than, which is not a bad thing. Just really love the look of the Vaquero.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:56 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Voyager 1700
You can pull the trunk off and the lowers then. People have posted about removing trunks but it's not exactly quick release to take off/on. While I like the look of Vaquero, I love my trunk and lowers more as I use them. You also get driving lights, rear passenger floor boards. You can make the Voyager look sorta like a Vaquero much easier than the other way around. When I realized I could pull the trunk off I bought Voyager. I then was going to make trunk quick release modding KQR kit and decided to forget the whole think. I have never looked a Vaquero and regretted my Voyager but am sure I would miss the few extra things I have now if I went the other way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderer View Post
Thank you very much for the info. Looks like I'm still aligned with the Voyager than, which is not a bad thing. Just really love the look of the Vaquero.

"If you want to feel smart, get stupid freinds..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode