Mustang seat question - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
SD Cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South East South Dakota
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 32
Garage
Question Mustang seat question

Time to post my first question.
I don't want to do a lot of modifications to my vaquero since I am mostly happy with the way it is now. However, I want to add the Kawasaki passenger backrest and a mustang seat. I was watching a YouTube video of a gentleman who had the passenger backrest and when he went to add the mustang seat he had to modify the backrest because the seat wouldn't fit with it. He basically had to raise up the backrest so only one bolt was holding on to the bracket instead of two bolts. Has anyone here experienced that? I was just curious before I go and drop that kind of cash because neither the seat or backrest are cheap.
I could post a link to the video, but I wasn't sure that was allowed here. Thanks in advance for any answers or advise! ...Dennis

2014 Vaquero ABS
SD Cruiser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Year/Make/Model: 2000 Nomad 1500 fi
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Purplish Black Mica
Gender: Male
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Cruiser View Post
Time to post my first question.
I don't want to do a lot of modifications to my vaquero since I am mostly happy with the way it is now. However, I want to add the Kawasaki passenger backrest and a mustang seat. I was watching a YouTube video of a gentleman who had the passenger backrest and when he went to add the mustang seat he had to modify the backrest because the seat wouldn't fit with it. He basically had to raise up the backrest so only one bolt was holding on to the bracket instead of two bolts. Has anyone here experienced that? I was just curious before I go and drop that kind of cash because neither the seat or backrest are cheap.
I could post a link to the video, but I wasn't sure that was allowed here. Thanks in advance for any answers or advise! ...Dennis
I imagine that you are wanting a mustang seat for the extended riding it allows you to have over a stock seat. If I am correct in that, then You should review this web sight. They are known for making the best long haul seats in the business. Only thing, is they make the new seat from your original stock seat pan. They have a picture of a vaquero with their seats and the stock sissy-bar, backrest and rack with no problems. The price would be about the same as a mustang. https://day-long.com/

Now if you are buying a Mustang seat only because you want a Mustang seat then please disregard the above paragraph.
RetroBagger is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Member
 
MorganB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bright, Ontario, Canada
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Candy Lime Green
Gender: Male
Posts: 57
I chose to skip the Kawasaki backrest and buy the Mustang seat with their own backrest. I also have a slot to use the backrest for the driver. I rarely ride without it now. When I have a passenger I pull it out and move it to the rear slot. It works great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

-------------------------------------
2015 Candy Lime Green Vaquero
Ivan's ECU Flash (coming real soon)
V&H Twin Slash cut exhaust
K&N Filter
14" Windshield
Kuryakyn black Kinetic grips with throttle boss
Mustang touring seat with backrest
Passenger Floorboards
Kuryakyn Tour-tech highway peg mounts with trident dually pegs
Auxiliary lights
MP3 Kit
DC input
MorganB is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:19 AM
Senior Member
 
boy_welder2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
Color: Black/Gray
Gender: Male
Posts: 357
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroBagger View Post
I imagine that you are wanting a mustang seat for the extended riding it allows you to have over a stock seat. If I am correct in that, then You should review this web sight. They are known for making the best long haul seats in the business. Only thing, is they make the new seat from your original stock seat pan. They have a picture of a vaquero with their seats and the stock sissy-bar, backrest and rack with no problems. The price would be about the same as a mustang. https://day-long.com/

Now if you are buying a Mustang seat only because you want a Mustang seat then please disregard the above paragraph.
Plus one on the Day-Long seat. Had one on my 900 and it was great. It was not cheap (around $900, but that was because of the one piece seat on the 900s) but is was worth every penny. I may go with another one if I can save up enough for it again.

2015 Vulcan 1700 Voyager
Ivan's ECU ~ Kuryakyn Long Horn Highway Pegs ~ Chucksters Risers ~ Grasshopper Backrest ~ Dual Horns ~ 34024-1330 Kickstand ~ Kawi Gel Front Seat

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT - Traded
2002 Honda CB250 Nighthawk - Sold after 15k miles
boy_welder2000 is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:42 PM
DVF
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Maple Ridge, BC,
Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Pearl White
Gender: Male
Posts: 21
Hi I was looking at the mustang seat for the same reason. My question is do you feel higher on the vaquero with the mustang seat over the stock seat, I'm 5'8 with 29 inch inseam so bike just fits with the stock seat don't want to be any higher
DVF is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Top Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 547
I rode Voyager with a mustang and compared to stock it was noticably higher. I ended buying a Voyager wih a stock seat and then added an Ultimate seat. The Ultimate is lower than the Mustang and close to stock but has better foam etc. It is not as soft as either the Mustang or stock but way softer then a Corbin. I owned a Corbin so I've sat on all of them...

Gary

SW Michigan

2009 Kawasaki Voyager
GGB6259 is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Member
 
MorganB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bright, Ontario, Canada
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Candy Lime Green
Gender: Male
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVF View Post
Hi I was looking at the mustang seat for the same reason. My question is do you feel higher on the vaquero with the mustang seat over the stock seat, I'm 5'8 with 29 inch inseam so bike just fits with the stock seat don't want to be any higher
The Mustang definitely raises you a bit...I cant remember exactly how much. I'm 5'11 with 32" inseam and I'm just flat footed in my Mustang. In other words, when I stand up my crotch is still on the seat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

-------------------------------------
2015 Candy Lime Green Vaquero
Ivan's ECU Flash (coming real soon)
V&H Twin Slash cut exhaust
K&N Filter
14" Windshield
Kuryakyn black Kinetic grips with throttle boss
Mustang touring seat with backrest
Passenger Floorboards
Kuryakyn Tour-tech highway peg mounts with trident dually pegs
Auxiliary lights
MP3 Kit
DC input
MorganB is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 02:58 PM
BOTM Winner
December 2016

 
Luckymann77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Where the Horses Are Fast and the Grass is BLUE !!!
Posts: 326
Garage
Cool Get a BUTTpad !!!

The cost of replacement seats are preposterous !!!


REALLY ???


$500-600 or even 900 bucks ???


NOT DOIN IT !!!


There are several companies that will mod your seat for $100-$200...

Me???
I bought a Buttpad from Alaska Leathers...
100% Fleece...
Warm in the winter and cool in the summer...
No more parking in the sun and getting your ass burned when time to go...


Here ya go !!!


https://alaskaleather.com/


Ride On !!!
Luckymann77

I love you more today than I did yesterday...
Yesterday you really PISSED ME OFF !!!


Long Time Rider...
First Time Vulcan Owner...

2005 Vulcan 1600 Classic
Majestic Metallic Red
Bagged up !!!
Chromed and Studded out !!!
Big 3
Cobra Dragsters
Cadmann
Wiseco/Doebeck EJK
Luckymann77 is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Junior Member
 
BarryHart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Year/Make/Model: 2011 Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black
Posts: 8
Yes they are very expensive and stock seats usually are not that comfortable. I can't afford to buy a Mustang so I'm considering just gettin my stock seat re-upholstered with some gel foam.
BarryHart is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Senior Member
 
T Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Tennessee
Year/Make/Model: 2012 Vulcan Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Pearl White/ Beige
Gender: Male
Posts: 169
Garage
I had a Mustang on my 900. When I traded for my Voyager I knew from the test ride that I wanted a Mustang. I was able to get the dealer to add the cost of the seat into my loan. I rode for 5 (uncomfortable) days on the stock seat until the Mustang arrived.

2012 1700 Voyager
Cobra Slip Ons
Kuryakyn Grips
Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
Klock Werks Windshield
Mustang Seat with Driver Backrest
Kenwood Stereo
Soundstream Amp
Engineered adapters with 6-1/2"Polk Audio Front Speakers
Kawasaki Rear Speaker Pods with Polk Audio 5-1/4" Speakers
Ivan's Flash
T Gibbs is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mustang Touring Seat and Saddlemen Solo Seat Vulcan 900 Blockhead Bike Parts, exhausts, etc. For Sale 10 02-19-2013 02:54 PM
Trade Mustang Solo Seat for double seat/pegs westsideriderz15 Bike Parts, exhausts, etc. For Sale 7 05-10-2012 08:34 AM
Mustang Seat and Mustang Bags! Toforo Vulcan 900 3 04-05-2012 09:09 PM
Mean Streak Mustang Seat with driver backrest and passenger seat mknnoyz Bikes For Sale 1 08-23-2011 08:30 PM
Seat covers for a Mustang seat? Martini Man Vulcan 1600 2 06-13-2010 03:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome