3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Imperial Red / Silver
Garage
Lowering kit for 1700 Nomad

I saw this lowering fitting on eBay for the 1700 Nomad (and other 1700s) looks simple but the description said you must do some mod to make the saddlebags fit after the lowering kit is in place? Have any of you put this on your 1700? I sent the seller (a Kawasaki dealer in MN) for a pdf of the installation instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The eBay seller wrote me back told me to call him. Did not want to send instructions due to his suspicions that people are copying his bracket. I completely understand so I'll call him.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Voyager
Color: Blue/Black
Seems sort of strange to me. Why wouldn't he have a patent on the device? Instructions would be an important item.

Kawasaki rear speakers
VN 1500 Kickstand
Ipod adapter
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs
Garmin 390LM w/TPMS

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Glenn, small niche parts are not worth the (lawyers, guns, and money: Warren Zevon) it takes for a patent not to mention liability. No I can easily see the why.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Peg
Top Contributor

Garage
That'll be Rick from Luverne Kaw? He's a stand-up guy, and makes a well regarded product in that lowering kit. He's a member over on the "other" forum.

He once helped me out by sending me some photos of work they'd done to move a customer's Voyager trunk back a few inches, and asked at the time me not to send the photos around so they could keep the methodology to themselves. Fair enough, I thought. He only sent them to me because he appreciated that I live so far away that there was no possibility I'd be able to send them my trunk, or my bike.

I've heard nothing but good reviews about the lowering kit, but I'm aware there's work required to the saddlebag mounts for Nomad or Voyager to eliminate the possibility of damage to your shocks, but no such modification is required for the Vaq.

One of the members of that "other" forum recently posted pictures of his saddlebag mounts after the modification. I won't link to it here or I'll likely get another telling off.
MarkinFairfax likes this.

Paul (Peg) Elliott
New Plymouth, NZ. '10 Voyager 1700
'02 Nomad 1500(sold) '97 VN800B (sold)
2 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's, 1 Yamaha (all dead)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 06:43 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2010 kawasaki Nomad
Color: 2-tone Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium
Garage
Lowering Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinFairfax View Post
I saw this lowering fitting on eBay for the 1700 Nomad (and other 1700s) looks simple but the description said you must do some mod to make the saddlebags fit after the lowering kit is in place? Have any of you put this on your 1700? I sent the seller (a Kawasaki dealer in MN) for a pdf of the installation instructions.
Like PEG said Rick is a stand up guy. I've had my Lowering links going to 2 yrs now and love what they have done for me. It was a little costly for me but in the long run well worth it. I had to have the saddlebag brackets on my Nomad modified to account for the change in the angle of the shocks, that's where the xtra cost came in. They use to do the bracket mod but I think now you can get the specs from them and have it done local to you instead of sending them to Rick's shop. Like Ivan's ECU flash it will make a big difference in your bike.
MarkinFairfax likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window."
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad2010 View Post
Like PEG said Rick is a stand up guy. I've had my Lowering links going to 2 yrs now and love what they have done for me. It was a little costly for me but in the long run well worth it. I had to have the saddlebag brackets on my Nomad modified to account for the change in the angle of the shocks, that's where the xtra cost came in. They use to do the bracket mod but I think now you can get the specs from them and have it done local to you instead of sending them to Rick's shop. Like Ivan's ECU flash it will make a big difference in your bike.

Thanks for the great info Nomad, definitely on the todo list!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered the lowering fixture and a Kawasaki OEM lightbar will post the adventure!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Color: Red|Silver
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad2010 View Post
Did it decrease your turning ability? I scrape my boards all the time as it is. I would like to lower the back end by about an inch, but can't afford to scrape more than I do...

I grabbed a fistful of throttle and all my worries disappeared.
|| Former President | Vulcan Riders Association | Chapter 1-30 ||
|| 2012 Kawasaki Nomad | EJK Fuel Controller | Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut | Thunder Manufacturing BAK ||
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I posted my complaints about the Kawasaki lightbar on another lightbar thread so far as the turn signal mounting goes, pretty shoddy IMHO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode