De-baffling my 2014 Nomad, need some help! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VulcanGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/white
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Garage
De-baffling my 2014 Nomad, need some help!

Need some help! De-baffling my 2014 Nomad. Wondering if it will really make much of a difference if I just settle for taking out those first two baffles on each pipe. Pipes are stock.

Also, for those first two baffles, is a hole drill the only way to remove them? Someone said something to me about unscrewing them? But I'm not sure what they mean...

Sorry for the noob question. Just a little confused about what would be best!

Skyler

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
VulcanGoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Diggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cairns, Queensland
Year/Make/Model: 2012 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Red & Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 274
Garage
I drilled them out on my 2012 Nomad with a 12" inch extension, just did the first 2 . They are welded in over here so not sure about the screws? Was a cheap way to stop in sounding like a sewing machine & I was pleased with the sound, there are a few video's on the forum & youtube which give an idea of the sound. I only changed to Vance & Hines slip ons because I happened upon a used set for $300

2005 Classic 800 (sold)

2012 Nomad 1700
Ivanized(2)
RACNRAY throttle mod,Avon Air grips
Vance & Hines slip ons
HD highway pegs
Grasshopper backrest
S/Steel pannier kick guards
Custom lowers
LED running lights
Diggles is offline  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manning, SC
Year/Make/Model: 2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Titanium and Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 102
There is nothing to unscrew. The hole saw is the only thing you can do to remove the two baffle plates.

2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700
Ultimate Seat with Driver Backrest
Ivan's ECU flash 2
Freedom performance Slip on mufflers
Luverne Kawasaki Lowering Kit
Batwing fairing
Darkside 205/60/16 with Endeavor reversed trike
Huddleston is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice on swapping out my stock bars on my 2014 Nomad... VulcanGoat Vulcan 1700 0 01-29-2017 08:01 PM
Another baffling question. Huddleston Vulcan 1700 4 06-16-2016 06:06 AM
Question on De-baffling the pipes on a Voyager fammdwMike Vulcan 1700 39 07-11-2015 06:16 PM
12th Annual 2014 SE Ohio Motorcycle Ride Saturday August 9th 2014 [email protected] Rides 1 03-04-2014 10:35 PM
Wrapping and De-baffling original pipes fishtaco Vulcan 800 19 05-30-2011 01:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome