Bike covers the best - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bike covers the best

Ok I have a Dowco bike cover their top end but it is showing it's age. Has anyone purchased the Kawasaki bike cover and how great is it does it have an awesome lining inside to provide a barrier from scratches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:14 PM

How long have you had the Dowco? Is it their "Guardian" cover? If so, I have one, and am curious as to how long it'll last.

-John

2016 Vaquero (mostly stock)
2005 VN800B Bobber (Blue Collar Bobbers kits)
1979 KZ650SR
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:23 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009/Kawasaki/VN900 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Bliue/Black
I have this one and it fits my Vulcan 900 Classic LT great.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Ben Franklin

Current Ride:
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Check out my YouTube Motovlog Page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bike cover

I have had my bike cover since 2009 and used it every day even winter months. It is time for replacement. I would say that is pretty good.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckey1313 View Post
I have had my bike cover since 2009 and used it every day even winter months. It is time for replacement. I would say that is pretty good.
I agree! I had a cheaper cover on my old bike, which lasted maybe 2 years. When I got the Vaquero, I wanted a really nice cover since it wasn't going to be in a motorcycle shell, and the Dowco came highly recommended.

Oh, that reminds me - you may want to look into the shells - motorcycleshell.com They're pricey, but awesome! Full coverage from the weather, and you can put a hot bike in with no worries. I've had mine since 2011, and it's holding up well.

-John

1979 KZ650SR
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Gray/Black
Garage
I have the Kawasaki made cover for the my Voyager. I received it from the previous owner when I bought the bike. I know he used it to store the bike on the street in Manhattan during the riding season for the 4 years he had it and I have used it a couple times myself. It is thick, definitely waterproof and has a good lining on the inside to keep from scratching the bike. The downsides are that it is heavy, takes up a lot of space so I would not travel with it (cannot fit much else in a saddlebag when that is in there), and probably costs a lot. I would not have bought it myself if it did not come with the bike because I have a garage for the bike but it will for sure do the job of protecting when stored outside.

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700

"May all your miles produce many smiles" - Thought of it while I was riding
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Red/Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraKhen99 View Post
I agree! I had a cheaper cover on my old bike, which lasted maybe 2 years. When I got the Vaquero, I wanted a really nice cover since it wasn't going to be in a motorcycle shell, and the Dowco came highly recommended.

Oh, that reminds me - you may want to look into the shells - motorcycleshell.com They're pricey, but awesome! Full coverage from the weather, and you can put a hot bike in with no worries. I've had mine since 2011, and it's holding up well.

-John
DraKehn99...

The weblink in your post was inop. Did you mean these guys? CycleShell Enclosure - Outdoor Motorcycle Cover - Protection

Actually looking into one of these...

Buskman

"...These go to eleven."-Nigel Tufnel, Lead Guitarist, Spinal Tap
"I aim to please...but sometimes I hit the seat."-Buskman, Lifetime Premium Member, VulcanForums.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buskman View Post
DraKehn99...

The weblink in your post was inop. Did you mean these guys? CycleShell Enclosure - Outdoor Motorcycle Cover - Protection

Actually looking into one of these...

Buskman
Yeah, sorry, that's the site! Their covers are awesome! I may break down and get the Touring size one for my Vaquero.

-John

1979 KZ650SR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode