What are your favorite mods for your 1700? Need ideas! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VulcanGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/white
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Garage
What are your favorite mods for your 1700? Need ideas!

Looking for some inspiration and curious to hear about everyone's innovation. What are some of your favorite mods you guys have put on your bikes? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
VulcanGoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 92
Garage
My favorite is Ivan's Flash and then the Russel Day Long Seat for a fact. Both are amazing and well worth the bucks you pay for them. For a Nomad I pretty well have every mod available and then some it is in my nature.


buckey1313 is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Member
 
JParton357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: WA State
Year/Make/Model: 2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: White/Grey
Gender: Male
Posts: 52
Last night I finished installing a relayed auxiliary fuse line to the trunk of my Voyager, so my MP3 player or other items can remain charged while riding. I have a cigarette plug attached, but today I may remove it to install a fuse block so I can add other items besides that. My last bike was a DL1000 VStrom, and having additional 12v connections to hard-wire the gps and phone was really handy. I'm trying to get to that point with this bike as well.

If anyone is interested on how I did it, I did take pics and can post them if wanted.
Hayes21 and zheissler like this.

2013 Vulcan Voyager
Traveled West to East
JParton357 is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:39 PM
Top Contributor
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Castle, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,880
Garage
For me, it was drilling the baffles so I could hear it running, not loud by any means, and the Clarion amp with 6 3/4" Kicker speakers. In warmer weather I use a Kawasaki 12" windshield. I have the 2012 white and gold Voyager, so I recovered my seats and back rest in a white and tan vynol to coordinate with the bike. The the highway peg are a big plus on longer trips also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13325602_1181140895230319_7918802632724572050_n.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	181393   Click image for larger version

Name:	391.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	181401   Click image for larger version

Name:	speake 3.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	181409  
ak602 and FerricOxide63 like this.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
rick is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VulcanGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/white
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
For me, it was drilling the baffles so I could hear it running, not loud by any means, and the Clarion amp with 6 3/4" Kicker speakers. In warmer weather I use a Kawasaki 12" windshield. I have the 2012 white and gold Voyager, so I recovered my seats and back rest in a white and tan vynol to coordinate with the bike. The the highway peg are a big plus on longer trips also.
I drilled out the baffles on my 900 and it made a big difference. That is a nice set up man! Did you wire your GPS into your bike or do you just charge and mount it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
VulcanGoat is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Peg
Top Contributor
 
Peg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: West Coast, North Island, New Zealand
Posts: 636
Garage
I don't think that's a GPS. It's an EJK / Bully fuel controller.

Paul (Peg) Elliott
New Plymouth, NZ. '10 Voyager 1700
'02 Nomad 1500(sold) '97 VN800B (sold)
2 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's, 1 Yamaha (all dead)
Peg is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VulcanGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/white
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
I don't think that's a GPS. It's an EJK / Bully fuel controller.
Ahh, you're right. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
VulcanGoat is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:46 AM
Top Contributor
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Castle, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,880
Garage
Peg is correct, it my fuel controller. I have a TomTom Rider on the bike also, that is the mount for it just to the right of the Gman/Bully. I have the hot wire foe it tapped into the right front parking light wire, that way it comes on with the key. Its not on the mount in this picture.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
rick is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Longwood Fl
Year/Make/Model: 2011 Vulcan Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParton357 View Post
Last night I finished installing a relayed auxiliary fuse line to the trunk of my Voyager, so my MP3 player or other items can remain charged while riding. I have a cigarette plug attached, but today I may remove it to install a fuse block so I can add other items besides that. My last bike was a DL1000 VStrom, and having additional 12v connections to hard-wire the gps and phone was really handy. I'm trying to get to that point with this bike as well.

If anyone is interested on how I did it, I did take pics and can post them if wanted.
I would be interested in seeing this.
Bluemeanie is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
matt7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanGoat View Post
Looking for some inspiration and curious to hear about everyone's innovation. What are some of your favorite mods you guys have put on your bikes? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have a Nomad as well. Most of my custom mods have been lighting. Installed custom mounted LED driving lights/foot pegs on the engine guards. Red accent LEDs above the stock saddle bag reflectors and auxiliary amber LED turn signals on the brake/clutch fluid reservoirs. For audio I have Kury speakers with an MTX bluetooth audio controller custom mounted above the left grip.

My favorite custom mod though is the Goodyear tire on the back rim .

2009 1700 Nomad (Black)
OPT7 LED headlamp
Painted brake disks
Kawasaki light bar
Scootworks bar risers & engine chaps
RAM phone mount & drink holder
Kuryakyn speakers & AC outlet
National speedometer cowl
Wolo air horn
Oxford heated grips
Vaquero engine emblems
Mustang touring seat
Irons in the Fire rack
Kuryakyn Triple Play tail light
Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust
LED custom driving lights, accents, and turn signals
Goodyear Tripletred rear tire (205-16-60)
Ivans ECU flash
matt7even is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your favorite comeback line?? Pappyman General Vulcan Talk 67 03-21-2018 02:17 PM
Your Favorite ***Upgrade*** (just pick one!) Hendog Vulcan 900 88 08-26-2012 01:34 PM
What is your favorite day trip? North TX Scott_in_TX General Vulcan Talk 11 03-24-2012 03:22 PM
Your favorite meaningless thread 1700Classic General Vulcan Talk 11 11-10-2011 08:12 PM
So what is your favorite ride! cbkinnc Vulcan 500 8 03-23-2011 05:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome