Question regarding the 1700 recall for wiring... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JD Hog
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VulcanGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/white
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Garage
Question regarding the 1700 recall for wiring...

Just bought my 2014 Nomad 1700 yesterday and was reading about the recall for the wiring near the ignition under the tank. In the recall notice I saw that they list every 1700 model EXCEPT the Nomad. Haven't been able to find a clear answer regarding the Nomad specifically but people are saying that it is a "1700 problem". Anyone know if this would apply to my Nomad as well? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
VulcanGoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
JD Hog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Placerville California
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Metallic Carbon Gray/Metallic Spark Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
Garage
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Insert your VIN and it will show any outstanding recalls for your bike.
VulcanGoat likes this.

Jim Diebolt
2015 Vulcan 1700 Voyager ABS
"The Black Kaw"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JD Hog is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Top Contributor
 
revrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: syracuse ny
Year/Make/Model: 2010 NOMAD
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/titanium
Posts: 1,487
Garage
Looked up my nomad,couldn't find anything,believe it is the voyager and vaq recall applies too,but you would think they are wired the same,is a thread here on the recall
revrider is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Demoliton Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hannover, Germany
Year/Make/Model: 2018 Indian Roadmaster
Displacement/CC's: 111 cui
Color: polished bronze over thunder black with silver pinstripe
Gender: Male
Posts: 214
Garage
IIRC it is only the bike with the "fuel door" in the MIDDLE of the tank.

Nomads got the fuel opening on the right side, correct ?

Cu,
Sven

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin

Harley is cult, Victory is cool, but INDIAN is legend !

MY LIFE - MY RULES !
Demoliton Man is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VulcanGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/white
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoliton Man View Post
IIRC it is only the bike with the "fuel door" in the MIDDLE of the tank.

Nomads got the fuel opening on the right side, correct ?

Cu,
Sven
Yeah, the fuel door is on the upper right side. Good to know!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
VulcanGoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question regarding Brake/Tail light Wiring Bummee_Jab Vulcan 1500 3 03-28-2018 01:42 PM
Question regarding installation of 10" Mini ape handlebars M.Ciulla Vulcan 900 7 02-23-2011 09:12 PM
Question regarding firing on all cylinders IowaRider Vulcan 500 6 05-06-2010 11:12 PM
Question regarding Oil rdlviper Oil and Lubrication 32 03-22-2009 09:59 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome