Clearview Windshield - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/Silver
Garage
Clearview Windshield

After reading several threads about windshields and after measuring like Clearview does, I ordered a small as my eyes were at about the 17 1/2" level and I want to look over the shield.

Does anyone have a pic they could post of a Clearview Small size installed on a voyager while I wait on the one I ordered?

Thanks,

People do what they want to do. They don't do what they don't want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2010 Vulcan Voyager
How did you go with your new windshield and did you order with the vent.
I was looking at them yesterday and was thinking I might get a shorter one for summer, do you have any pics.
Cheers
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:39 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Voyager
Color: Silver / Black
Garage
I got the Clearview Medium, light tint that I really like, I can finally look OVER instead of through and with the lip at the top it really does send the most of the wind up so I can feel it hit right about the top of my helmet but I am just looking through good clean air. The one regret I had was believing the reviews on the clearview website and ordering the vent. I think it is really a waste and I have never had the need to open it to cut down on buffeting or improve the airflow in any way Sorry I don't have any photos of it.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2010 Vulcan Voyager
Thanks Gilligan, the Goldwing owners swear by the vent, must be something to do with bike aero's are something.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just got notification they are in phase 1 of the production process, so i haven't received it yet. Gilligan, i am scared now that i ordered too short as i picked the small size. I measured according to their instruction and at my mouth nose area, it says small. I am 5'10" so i don't know. What is your opinion?

I did not order one with a vent. I was hoping with the recurve for this to be a true year round replacement for the oem one that came with it.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 11:17 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Voyager
Color: Silver / Black
Garage
I am 5'10" also and the medium size fit perfect for me I can see about 2 inches over the top and the wind hits about 3 inches above my eyes. There is not that much difference in heights so I am hoping you will be happy with your purchase. What kind of helmet do you wear? I think the sort shield would be great with a Modular full face helmet
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have a HJC IS-MAX2 Modular and a Scorpion EXO-920 3/4.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 11:23 AM

Garage
I bought the medium size with vent. I'm 6'2" tall and it is almost too tall to look over, even with a Mustang touring seat which is taller than the original seat. When I say "almost" too tall, I mean if I slouch down or am looking at the road close in front of the bike, then I'm looking through it. I got as tall as I could get and still look over it to provide better wind protection for 2-up touring with my wife who is also tall for a woman. I would get the same size again for this purpose, however for solo riding or if I was only using the original seat, it would be to tall for me as I don't like having to look through a windshield.

As for the vent, I would probably get it again. I don't notice any difference in buffeting with it open or closed, but then I don't have any buffeting anyway with the height and re curve shape sending the air stream up and over my head. What I like about the vent is I can get noticeably more air to my head and face with it open which is nice if it's very hot out.

My only issue with this windshield is that with it the bolts keep loosening up and then it squeaks and rattles until I re-tighten it up. Never had this happen with the original or with my first WindVest shield. I think I'll try adding blue Locktite next time I have to tighten them again.

I loved the WindVest shield by the way, that is until I hit a hawk and it broke it into pieces. The Clearview is much better for touring especialy 2-up than the WindVest was, at least for me and my wife.

2012 Vaquero SE aka "The Hulk"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom receiver hitch
custom passenger backrest and rack w/ Mustang pad
Mustang Vintage Touring seat w/ driver backrest
Kawi passenger foot boards
Kawi 12V outlet and aux adapter
Clearview shield w/ vent
Kury Longhorn Offset Hiway pegs (chrome)
Kury ISO grips (black) modified by RacnRay
Kury ISO (black) throttle boss
Kury Scythe mirrors (black)
Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Pro Pipe
Michelin Commander II's
VBA #03472 / VROC #37988
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 03:29 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic 1600
I too am looking at the Clearview and debating on the proper size. I don't like looking thru a shield or having the edge near the line of sight. I'm 6'3" with a 33" inseam so I'm a bit long in the torso and will have a Corbin seat which from my understanding sits you lower about 1". I was thinking a large Clearview but now after reading your post, I may be over doing it. If you don't mind me asking, what's your inseam length to give me a reference point. If a medium with a Mustang touring seat sits you up about 1" and closer to the shield then with the Corbin and it being almost too tall, makes me think I should go medium. Thoughts?????

Thanks,

Scott
2006 Classic 1600
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 05:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogan View Post
I too am looking at the Clearview and debating on the proper size. I don't like looking thru a shield or having the edge near the line of sight. I'm 6'3" with a 33" inseam so I'm a bit long in the torso and will have a Corbin seat which from my understanding sits you lower about 1". I was thinking a large Clearview but now after reading your post, I may be over doing it. If you don't mind me asking, what's your inseam length to give me a reference point. If a medium with a Mustang touring seat sits you up about 1" and closer to the shield then with the Corbin and it being almost too tall, makes me think I should go medium. Thoughts?????

Thanks,
My inseam is 36". I think you would be happy with the medium size shield, especially since the re-curve does a great job at making the air stream several inches higher than a shield of the same height without a re-curve in it.

Another thought... I might be mistaken here, but I seem to remember reading on Clearview's website that they will take it back if it's not what you want so long as you don't remove the plastic protective coating from it while you are testing it. With that kind of customer support you can't go wrong. Start with the larger one and if it's to tall send back and exchange for the shorter size.

2012 Vaquero SE aka "The Hulk"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom receiver hitch
custom passenger backrest and rack w/ Mustang pad
Mustang Vintage Touring seat w/ driver backrest
Kawi passenger foot boards
Kawi 12V outlet and aux adapter
Clearview shield w/ vent
Kury Longhorn Offset Hiway pegs (chrome)
Kury ISO grips (black) modified by RacnRay
Kury ISO (black) throttle boss
Kury Scythe mirrors (black)
Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Pro Pipe
Michelin Commander II's
VBA #03472 / VROC #37988
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode