1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluemeanie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2011 Vulcan Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Blue/Silver
risers, brake lines and abs

Looking for some advice here. Using Chuckster's riser extensions on my Voyager. While the brake line is not banjo string tight, it's tighter than I'd like. So I moved it to the other side of the tree. With abs brakes the hoses are different and this resulted in the hose going up under the tree and doing a 180 bend in less then 3 inches. That didn't look good at all to me, so I put it back. I'm guessing my only option is new brake lines, but then there's the question of how much to add. +3, +4?? Has anyone else been down this road on an abs bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 05:05 AM

Year/Make/Model: '15 Vulcan Vaquero
Color: Metallic Carbon Grey
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemeanie View Post
Looking for some advice here. Using Chuckster's riser extensions on my Voyager. While the brake line is not banjo string tight, it's tighter than I'd like. So I moved it to the other side of the tree. With abs brakes the hoses are different and this resulted in the hose going up under the tree and doing a 180 bend in less then 3 inches. That didn't look good at all to me, so I put it back. I'm guessing my only option is new brake lines, but then there's the question of how much to add. +3, +4?? Has anyone else been down this road on an abs bike?
Not yet, but planning on it. Will be watching your thread to see what you end up doing.

Ride safe,
Smokier

2015 Metallic Carbon Grey - Nadia
Kuryakyn Kinetic's Black
ClearView Medium Smoked re-curve
IVANized
Corbin Dual Tourer
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

I know it's been a long time (too many other things going on), but this is finally done. I used the Galfer kit and went with +3. On my Voyager, +3 is a bit much, but still workable. If I had to do it over, I'd go with +1. I did take pics, and can post them if anyone is interested, of course that assumes I remember where I put the camera....
D-Dub likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 11:53 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Voyager
Color: Silver / Black
Garage
Hey Blue did your Galfer kit come with the splitter block and the lines all the way down to the calipers and were they braided lines? I am in the same boat with the same risers on my Voyager as well (Just no ABS) and I would really like to pull the bars back just a bit more so they don't bang the dash before going lock to lock. I did put a bit of rubber hose over the stop to soften the blow, but a little longer complete front brake line would be the ideal solution if you think 1 extra inch will work best? And can you give me a price on this improvement please?

Last edited by Gilligan; 12-25-2016 at 11:58 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Hey Blue did your Galfer kit come with the splitter block and the lines all the way down to the calipers and were they braided lines? I am in the same boat with the same risers on my Voyager as well (Just no ABS) and I would really like to pull the bars back just a bit more so they don't bang the dash before going lock to lock. I did put a bit of rubber hose over the stop to soften the blow, but a little longer complete front brake line would be the ideal solution if you think 1 extra inch will work best? And can you give me a price on this improvement please?
The kit doesn't have the splitter block, not sure if the non abs version would have that or not, but I doubt it. Yes, they are braided hoses. I'll upload some pictures in a bit so you can see how mine are now. No idea what the cost of the non abs kit is, but the abs version was about 285, that included all the lines, front, rear and clutch, the lines being lengthened and shipping. To me the piece of mind is worth it, not to mention that now if I need to replace one of the front lines I can do that. These also have a lifetime warranty. I also have a piece of heater hose on the stop, my bars still hit a bit on the left side of the fairing, but they also did that before the risers, besides if they hit the faring hard enough to do any damage I think that will be the least of my worries!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Here's how they look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode