Kickstand pad location - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Kickstand pad location

They may not be needed every day, but there are occasions when the kickstand pads come in handy. They usually do a great job keeping the bikes from sinking in hot asphalt or, (in my case), damp New England clay.

After their use, however, they usually aren't clean enough to toss back into the saddlebags. I used ziplock bags in the past to isolate them, and it works, but I found another location that is easier.......for me, (ymmv, of course).

On the underside of the passenger floorboard are two screws. I removed one of them, inserted a u-shaped bent metal bracket, (after adding two holes in-line and a separate hole), and re installed the original screw. I added bolts, lockwashers and nuts to the bracket holes. I used material that was in the garage, not exactly showroom items.

I drilled two mating holes in the plastic kickstand pad it is held in place with wingnuts. If I used slots instead, I could leave the wingnuts attached after loosening them.

I check them for tightness occasionally and so far, no problems. As long as I remember to re-attach the pad before driving away without it, things work fine.

Last edited by tantasquit; 05-02-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 06:14 PM
WEG

Hi Tantasquit

I'm in MA as well, Boston area. What's this Mass Clay you speak of? Only Clay I know of around here pitches for the Sox 😊

Who hold your bike up while you try to put those wing nuts on? 😊. Just kidding, I'm sure you use the kickstand without the pad for that...

WEG
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Hiya WEG. Have you ever been to Old Sturbridge Village? In the potter's shop they explain how all the items they make come from the clay in the area, it's common in central and western MA. I have a front and back yard full of it, (but am not good at pottery).

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 07:31 PM
WEG

😉

Hi Tantasquit

Yes many years ago... I think every MA kid has a field trip to "Old Stupid Village" or Plymouth Plantation some time in grammar school. I must have missed the clay lesson. 😀

Great weather this weekend and looks even better all week. Enjoy the riding out there and be safe.

WEG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode