cobra speedster slashdowns - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

cobra speedster slashdowns

Hello all i have finally gotten rid of the wimpy stock pipes and installed cobra speedster slashers. When i recieved them i looked down the mufflers and noticed something blocking the path so i took the baffles out to notice that they were shipped with the quiet baffles. I had also bought the hard kore baffles to add with the stock baffles but havent installed those. I really do like the rumble these pipes give with this bike. Its a deep non raspy rumble. When hard accelerating it sounds great like a performance machine should and while cruising it has a nice rumble that isnt overbearing but soon as you twist it makes some noise again. I havent added my fuel tuner yet as i was waiting for my air cleaner to arrive. I didnt want to take the tank off twice. But i have noticed an improvement in power and ability to get more speed out of the gears as well as getting power from higher gears while going slower. I just wanted to share some of my experience with others that may be thinking of a set of these pipes. Keep twisting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that it does has a burbling sound when the pressure drops. From what ive read in other posts it is due to the quiet core baffles. Will that change when i add the air kit and fuel tuner? Or is it their unless i drill out the baffle to relieve some back pressure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode