You all talked Me into this! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
shepsvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweetser Indiana 2009 Voyager Titanium ABS
Posts: 419
Garage
You all talked Me into this!

SOLD Gang. Power pro listed at 10:30 pm and sold at basically 6:23 am Less than 8 hours.

Ordered this Monday and it is here Today. Everyone has great things to say about Dobeck tuners, so, out comes the power pro and in this goes. Figured I would take advantage of the cold weather the next couple days to also flush radiator, and may as well bleed out the brakes. Garage weather. I will post up what I find as far as what I think in time between the 2 programers.
I will also have a Cobra power pro for sale at 80% off retail.
Will keep everyone posted.
Shep

Last edited by shepsvoyager; 04-24-2015 at 08:34 PM.
shepsvoyager is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Top Contributor
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Castle, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,880
Garage
Hope you are happier with this. I am still playing with mine some, think have the cruise set where I want it, may play with the mid range a little over tge next couple weeks ends. Like to try to run 2-3 tanks through each setting to eliminate variables as far as MPG. I have more ups and downs here than you do there, and during the week I have stop n go. I'm averaging mid 36- low 37 for milage, dash hovering at 41.6-41.8


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
rick is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
shepsvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweetser Indiana 2009 Voyager Titanium ABS
Posts: 419
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
Hope you are happier with this. I am still playing with mine some, think have the cruise set where I want it, may play with the mid range a little over tge next couple weeks ends. Like to try to run 2-3 tanks through each setting to eliminate variables as far as MPG. I have more ups and downs here than you do there, and during the week I have stop n go. I'm averaging mid 36- low 37 for milage, dash hovering at 41.6-41.8


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Actually was happy with the power pro. It worked very well. I just wanted a new toy to play with. LOL You know how that goes. My bike always has hovered around 43-44 on the dash. I don't bother doing the true math, but I am happy at 38-40 anyway. We will see if My Smiles per gallon change with the Dobeck.
shepsvoyager is offline  
 
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
shepsvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweetser Indiana 2009 Voyager Titanium ABS
Posts: 419
Garage
Ok Guys, Here is What I have for You if needed. It works very well with My FP true duals andK&N filter. No decal popping unless I really worked it to make it pop a little. Nerer an embarrassing backfire out of My bike, ever. I bought this 5-5-12 and put it on and off it came tonight. It has scuffs on it, but, that will happen.
I paid 553.44 when I bought it from Cruiser customizing.
As promised 80% off. I will take 110 dollars and I will ship it to you. Attached pics. All documentation and even still a sticker in the original box. .

Took a short ride after I got done tonight. Too soon to comment on the Dobeck.
Shep.
shepsvoyager is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 20
I can already tell I'll be getting rid of my 2014 Nomad soon if I can't increase the performance. But I'm a newbie at the performance tuning thing - will this model work on a 2014?
HomeFront is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 PM
Top Contributor
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Castle, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,880
Garage
I plan to be back up your way end of June, begging of July if you around, we should get together for a ride, or just coffee.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
rick is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
hayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Red|Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,186
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsvoyager View Post
Ok Guys, Here is What I have for You if needed. It works very well with My FP true duals andK&N filter. No decal popping unless I really worked it to make it pop a little. Nerer an embarrassing backfire out of My bike, ever. I bought this 5-5-12 and put it on and off it came tonight. It has scuffs on it, but, that will happen.
I paid 553.44 when I bought it from Cruiser customizing.
As promised 80% off. I will take 110 dollars and I will ship it to you. Attached pics. All documentation and even still a sticker in the original box. .

Took a short ride after I got done tonight. Too soon to comment on the Dobeck.
Shep.

Is there a reason you took it off? I am seriously interested in the Power Pro for that cost. To confirm, this is the self tuning model, correct?

I grabbed a fistful of throttle and all my worries disappeared.
|| Former President | Vulcan Riders Association | Chapter 1-30 ||
|| 2012 Kawasaki Nomad | EJK Fuel Controller | Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut | Thunder Manufacturing BAK ||
hayes is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
shepsvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweetser Indiana 2009 Voyager Titanium ABS
Posts: 419
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayes View Post
Is there a reason you took it off? I am seriously interested in the Power Pro for that cost. To confirm, this is the self tuning model, correct?
Hayes,
I never had any problems with this. Yes it is the auto tune. It is model # 92-1965AT Made for all 1700 engines. 2009 to present year. Just wanted to try the Dobeck tuner on My bike.
PM Me if You really want it.
shepsvoyager is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
shepsvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweetser Indiana 2009 Voyager Titanium ABS
Posts: 419
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsvoyager View Post
Hayes,
I never had any problems with this. Yes it is the auto tune. It is model # 92-1965AT Made for all 1700 engines. 2009 to present year. Just wanted to try the Dobeck tuner on My bike. Here is a link to the one I have.
PM Me if You really want it.
http://www.cobrausa.com/images/Fuel/...1965AT_760.jpg
shepsvoyager is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
shepsvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sweetser Indiana 2009 Voyager Titanium ABS
Posts: 419
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFront View Post
I can already tell I'll be getting rid of my 2014 Nomad soon if I can't increase the performance. But I'm a newbie at the performance tuning thing - will this model work on a 2014?
Yes will work on Your 2014 1700. See link attached,
http://www.cobrausa.com/images/Fuel/...1965AT_760.jpg
shepsvoyager is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you ventured into putting a sound system on your 1500? Show me what you got! 5150 Vulcan 1500 1 06-19-2018 05:53 PM
You ran into me! Ottawa 1500 Vulcan 1500 2 05-14-2018 06:38 PM
Talk Me Into It vtwinguy General Vulcan Talk 6 06-02-2013 10:19 PM
What got me into biking Toy4Bob General Vulcan Talk 13 03-11-2012 06:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome