Going to be a fun summer with this tag along - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Going to be a fun summer with this tag along

New addition to my 1700 Vulcan Nomad and ohhh man will it be fun once I get it this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdx7B19a7E0

Ok base unit is 4895.00 and I have the front and underneath pods, 7 foot awning, mattress and an optional heavy duty lid wide spare and tires, inside storage stands to stand it on end for storage, wheel covers and swivel coupler. For a total amount of 6791.95 Canadian. He does ship world wide as I bought my trailer out of the factory in Osoyoos in British Columbia and saved about $500.00 dealing direct with the factory on a pick up basis. This is all in Canadian bucks mind you.

I bought a Chucksters Hitch as I do believe it is very well made and mounts lower down on bike and believe this will be more safe in the long run. Along with that I personally would never deal with McHitch as if you do not buy his hitch off him he will not sell you the wiring for bike off his web site. It was all or nothing with him and personally never would I recommend dealing with this company. His shipping charges to Canada were out to lunch compared to Chucksters. The Chucksters also gives you a mounting point for your Reese plug on its frame and believe the McHitch there is no mounting point by what I can tell you can install one. It came very well packaged in short order and he was very easy to deal with unlike others.

This is a five wire trailer so buying a 6 wire plug and mounting it on hitch was easy to do. I will have to just change over the trailer plug when I pick it up to this plug style. On the bike you will need a isolator that will draw all the current needed to run the lights on trailer directly from battery as the wiring on the bikes are not heavy enough guage to be safe. You will still hook up all your wires to your brake, tail and signal lights but the isolator will save you from any problems of grounding out in future and save your bikes harness in the future. The extra line I will use to run a power plug in inside trailer to charge and run my laptop, cell phone or what ever else off a cig lighter plug.

The trailer runs all LED lights so does not draw allot of power he has thought this out very well in building this trailer for bikes and small cars.

I have installed HID lights in my headlight and LED lights in my driving lights so not using allot of power myself. I also power my GPS and ipod for tunes in my Nolan Helmet and also power my Go Pro Camera off a separate fuse box plugged into switched power. The only plug that will not be off switched power is the cig lighter inside trailer so I can charge my items when I am camping if need be.

More info on this trailer can be found at http://www.leesurelite.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Top Contributor

Lightbulb Careful

Be careful riding around pulling that load.
Leave a LOT of extra room to maneuver around obstacles and to stop.
Of course you can't plan for a panic stop but you CAN practice one.
Nobody ever talks about how dangerous pulling a big trailer is so I won't bore you.
Just imagine your bike being twice as long,a LOT heavier,and lacking the ability to stop fast.
You get the picture.
Enjoy the summer.

JJ

'97 Valkyrie Tourer '06 Stratoliner Midnight '09 V2KLT

NOT a member of an organized religion
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 03:39 PM

Very nice unit I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Great to see you opted for the swivel coupler, Bushtec has a Hiem ? hitch which does the same thing and I am amazed how with it you don't feel the trailer and I don't think about what's happening back there when I drag the boards, I know there is no torque being applied to the hitch so things are good.

Now if some ride time will come.
Trevor

Present rides
1983 Honda Shadow VT750 - Harley Killer
1987 Yamaha Venture Royale
2005 Yamahe V-Star - Yarley
2012 Kawasaki Voyager - Weeping Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode