Help - Sissy bar required in the UK for a Vaquero - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Help - Sissy bar required in the UK for a Vaquero

Hi Peeps,

I have owned a 1700 Classic for the past 4 years and have loved every minute of it but recently I had a chance to purchase a 2012 Vaquero at a price I couldn't refuse, initially I thought I would sale on, but after living with it for the past 3 months I have grown to enjoy it and am now looking to personalise and set it up for myself and the wife ..... BUT ...... I am able to source some exhausts over here in the UK as they are the same as the Voyager and Nomad but then I looked to buy a rear rack and sissy bar, not a chance!!.... Even trying to source from Kawasaki UK have not been able to help me out, the reply from Kawasaki Customer Service UK was as follows 'We can confirm a sissy bar and rack is not directly available from Kawasaki Motors within Europe for the Vulcan Custom' so where does that leave me?

I have in the past purchased an exhaust from the States but with trying to source a dealer that is happy to export to the UK plus then the added cost of import duty, tax and postage it does turn a good deal into an expensive purchase.

Kawasaki do not make things easy for us over here and being a member of the VRA (Vulcan Riders Association UK) for the past 12 years, where we are trying to increase the popularity of Kawasaki Cruisers , they are not helping by limiting the accessories available depending on where you live, when I believe they are actually made in Europe? Would HD do the same?

Unless I am able to source a sissy bar I am forced to make a choice between the wife and Classic or the Vaquero and divorce LOL.

Anyone out there can offer me an option?

Thanks,
Garf (VRA UK)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 10:00 AM

From what I have seen there arent many choices here in the states either.

2009 Vulcan Custom SE
Invicta Harley Fairing
Led Turn Signals
Saddlemen Seat
Lowered 2"
Heated Grips
Britt Drag Pipes
HID Headlight
White LED UnderGlow
Knock Off ISO Grips
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

I think I might have found a solution to the problem... this one from http://bddcustom.com has some for just under $380 and for the amount I am will be likely to use it I think it would suit, not sure on the quality though.......but love the idea of not having to drill any holes

Has anyone purchased one of these and can let me know what they are like?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode