Sena SMH10 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Sena SMH10

I got everyone in the house a Sena SMH10 for Christmas. Been meaning to for a while.

It was pretty easy to install and set up. I've got it synched to my iPhone. As a happy side effect, I'm able to stream music from the phone through the headset. No more worrying too much about speaker configurations and the like.

I haven't received a call on it yet though. Wonder how that mike works with a little wind on it...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I've been told mine sounds anywhere from garbage to sounding like I'm just in my truck with the window down (just fine). I ran 2up to over 1600 miles with a passenger and only had issues when my passenger let the mic get to far from her face. I think a little wind will be okay but too much wind could muck it up. Sena is always releasing updates and making it better and better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin W
STL Missouri
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

I haven't actually received a call on it yet while I'm in motion. This is definitely something I should have done earlier.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Works but I ride with a half helmet and yes a lot of wind noise. I use the ear buds so I can hear but when I speak they have a hard time hearing me. Maybe with a full face it will work better.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdam1 View Post
Works but I ride with a half helmet and yes a lot of wind noise. I use the ear buds so I can hear but when I speak they have a hard time hearing me. Maybe with a full face it will work better.
That doesn't bother me too much. I don't intend on having any lengthy conversations on the phone. Rider to Rider/Rider to Passenger communication is a thought though. I have one of those bubble shields for my 3/4 helmet, I'll have to play with different configurations, see what works.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM

Just bought the UCLEAR HBC200 HD with earbuds. I haven't used them in half helmet yet, but our riding group has had as many as 6 of these units connected between riders. Mix of speakers and ear buds, all in half helmets, and all have been very happy with the performance. Looking forward to joining them when the riding season resumes.

Brian P.
2013 Vaquero SE
Candy Burnt Orange/Ebony
VBA #02576
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 PM

Garage
Lunatic, you'll like the SMH10 for rider to rider and/or rider to passenger conversations.
I had the SMH10 for a couple of years then went to the 20S because we we ended up having too many riders with the SMH10 and couldn't talk to all. With the S20 a group conversation can include up to nine persons including those on the SMH10s.

2014 Kawasaki 1700 Vulcan Voyager ABS
Sena 20S Bluetooth Communication
RACNRAY throttle mod w/ISO grips
Shark Evoline Series 3 Helmet
Dually ISO highway pegs
34024-1330 Kickstand
Kawi Front fender rails
Kawi Ipod adapter kit
Kawi Lower bag rails
Super Lizard lights
Kawi Top bag rails
USB Adapter
Metzeler 180/65B16 81H rear tire
Drilled baffle plates

2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT (sold)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Liking it already, Archer. Really kicking myself for not doing this sooner.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Took my first phone call with the headset. Worked fantastic, the caller didn't even know I was riding.

I really only have one complaint. Every once in a while, the audio button seems to turn itself down. I *think* it might have something to do with wind/speed etc. Maybe wrapping a string between the volume knob and the unit might cause a bit more friction...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Took my first phone call with the headset. Worked fantastic, the caller didn't even know I was riding.

I really only have one complaint. Every once in a while, the audio button seems to turn itself down. I *think* it might have something to do with wind/speed etc. Maybe wrapping a string between the volume knob and the unit might cause a bit more friction...
Had same problem on mine couple of years ago when I first got it, discovered that I was actually hitting the dial with my shoulder.....listen for beeps then less volume, that's when you hit it with shoulder/jacket. It's hard to imagine this happening, but I finally saw it in my mirror -
BTW, Sena is a great device, I also control my 2 mtr ham radio with the Sena.

hank43

2009 VV1700 ABS, Champion triked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode