need help w/, Clarion xc1410 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Talking need help w/, Clarion xc1410

Hi guys, I got this amp. for Christmas, searched the threads on the forum and got the wiring info., but I'm not 100% sure about where the blue wire goes (2013 Vaquero)and what is it's purpose. Would appreciate the help/explanation. Thanks.

Last edited by MET-RICK; 01-14-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: question was answerd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
The blue wire is to turn the amp on when the key is turned on. You'll want this hooked up to a keyed power source, there are a few on the left side of the radio with female ends. Look at the 27th post here, 2nd picture shows the wires, the yellow, white, and pink wires are part of them. Pick one that has power only with key on ACC, or ON positions.
https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...install&page=3

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

need help w/, Clarion xc1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
The blue wire is to turn the amp on when the key is turned on. You'll want this hooked up to a keyed power source, there are a few on the left side of the radio with female ends. Look at the 27th post here, 2nd picture shows the wires, the yellow, white, and pink wires are part of them. Pick one that has power only with key on ACC, or ON positions.
https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...install&page=3
Thanks Rick, went and checked that thread and your pictures which I looked at before, but 'somehow', with glasses on...looks much clearer. Nice job on the install, and thanks again for your help and info. Also, with this amp. and stock speakers would you still recommend cutting out the holes/porting to increase the low end and do you think it adds low end without loosing accuracy/tight sound quality?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
You are not going to get a thumping bass reguardless,, but it does improve it some. I have since installed 6 1/2" speakers which also helped with the low just a little, but the mids and highs improved a good bit. That mod is here, pix and details of my install are post 13. The stock speakers are actually pretty good, I would try them before you buy replacements.
https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...peakers&page=2

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

need help w/, Clarion xc1410

Thanks Rick, nice work on the speaker install. A custom automotive audio shop here in town also said that full bass would be tuff to get out of the 5 1/4'' speakers, but said the 'Kicker' line of speakers would be what he recommends. I'll see how the amp. works with the stock speakers which didn't sound too bad behind my 12" baggershield (with the I Pod set up), even cruising at 80 mph. ++ down to NC. this past summer.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up need help w/, Clarion xc1410

It's been a little cold and snowy up hear in Ontario, but I finally got it installed and wired up. In the garage/cabin it sounds great, the real world /road test is a couple of months away due to weather. But it sounds far better than I thought it would with just the stock (2013) speakers, definitely cleaner, fuller, richer sound and brought out the bottom end much better than expected. As a matter of fact, I didn't want to shut it down when checking the sound out and doing few adjustments, but I had to...cause I broke 3 strings on my air guitar lol! Thanks again for all the info. and help, this forum is a gold mine!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Glad you got it going. It sucks when the strings break and cut your fingers. When I installed the 6 1/2" speakers, they made an improvement mostly on the high end, but the stocks are pretty good.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode