freedom exhaust no more KAW DUALS????? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

freedom exhaust no more KAW DUALS?????

OK Ive tried twice to contact get non working number and the website does not list duals for any Kawasaki let alone the 1700 nomad mines an 09 I heard the other years will fit! whats up did they stop production or problems in ?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Top Contributor

Here's a link just to give you the idea that the same FP true duel Exhaust will fit the nomad, Vaquero and the Voyager. And you'll notice it says 2010 and up but there is a member "shepsvoyager" that installed the MK00008 exhaust on his 09 Voyager so I'm almost positive they'll fit your 09 Nomad. If you have a local Kawi dealer go in and ask them about them for your bike. I ordered mine thru my local dealer for my Vaquero and they were right in the ballpark when it came to price and they had em within 3-4 days. I hope this helped!

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/no...3458_6386.html

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
When Shep got his for the Voyager, they only listed them for the Vaquero, but they are all the same. Sound is personal, but I think his sounds pretty damn good. Should all be the same from 09 to I believe the 2015s, Nomads, Vaqueros, and Voyagers.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Unless your friends are already deaf, don't surprised if they ask you to ride tail, or leave a lot of distance behind you. An acquaintance of mine has FL exhaust on his Harley. Way to many decibels to ride staggered behind him. Get in front and barely hear him.
I can't sneak off on my Voyager with the stock exhaust after 50,000 miles on it.

2010 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak 1600
2012 Concours 1400, 2011 Versys 650, 2012 KLX250S

see my garage for list of accessories
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard rider View Post
Here's a link just to give you the idea that the same FP true duel Exhaust will fit the nomad, Vaquero and the Voyager. And you'll notice it says 2010 and up but there is a member "shepsvoyager" that installed the MK00008 exhaust on his 09 Voyager so I'm almost positive they'll fit your 09 Nomad. If you have a local Kawi dealer go in and ask them about them for your bike. I ordered mine thru my local dealer for my Vaquero and they were right in the ballpark when it came to price and they had em within 3-4 days. I hope this helped!

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/no...3458_6386.html
Out of curiosity, did you get the standard "Power Thrust" or optional "Quiet" baffles. Also, is there any need/benefit to remap the fuel injection? Back when I had my Concours, I was able to install a slip-on with little less restriction, that just used up the extra richness usually programmed in the stock profiles. It picked me up an extra 6 Horsepower without the cost of a reflash. I wouldn't expect that much gain with the 1700, but an extra 2 or 3 HP would be nice.

2012 Voyager ABS

Trunk Removed
Custom Made Trim Covering Bag Frames
LED Strip Lights on Custom Trim
Conspicuity Flicker on LEDs in Tail Light Mode
Flashing Brake Lights on LEDs
Kawasaki Bag Guards
Longer Kickstand from 2000 Nomad
Alaskan Sheepskin Butt Pad on Standard Seat
12" Clear Windshield for Summer
16" Windshield for Winter
Kuryakan Longhorn Highway Pegs

Also Drive a Restored 1980 Goldwing Standard
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdave54 View Post
Out of curiosity, did you get the standard "Power Thrust" or optional "Quiet" baffles. Also, is there any need/benefit to remap the fuel injection? Back when I had my Concours, I was able to install a slip-on with little less restriction, that just used up the extra richness usually programmed in the stock profiles. It picked me up an extra 6 Horsepower without the cost of a reflash. I wouldn't expect that much gain with the 1700, but an extra 2 or 3 HP would be nice.
I had the standard baffles that came installed. When I ordered the FPE the bike already had a PCV, tornado breather and D&D slip-ons. The big power gain was already added with the breather/PCV and all the FPE did for me was make the bike sound awesome. IMO...Installing and mapping my PCV made difference and you could feel a little more HP and the more I ran it the better the MPG I got, upper 40mpg and sometimes I hit 50+ mpg. I'm a big believer in the PCV!

2012 GREEN/BLACK VAQUERO

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Klockwerks 9" windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
Thunder mfg Tornado air intake
Thunder mfg Throttle Body Gasket
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 06:48 PM

I got mine from westendmotorsports.com and will be putting them on this weekend. Next month I will get the thunder intake and pcv. With just the exhaust I don't need the pcv but after adding the intake I will need to.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdave54 View Post
I always read that bikes were lean from the factory to meet emissions. Opening up the flow without adding fuel will make the bike run leaner.

2010 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak 1600
2012 Concours 1400, 2011 Versys 650, 2012 KLX250S

see my garage for list of accessories
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 12:53 AM

Lean or Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I always read that bikes were lean from the factory to meet emissions. Opening up the flow without adding fuel will make the bike run leaner.
Thanks for the info. I was going by what I found out on my Concours. My information came from a combination of sources, but was specific to that bike. I did pull a spark plug before and after installing the slip-on to check the color. I did not want to run lean and burn it up.

I am curious about the "meeting emissions". Are there any states that require periodic emissions testing on motorcycles? If so, what happens if you change your exhaust, remove the catalytic converter, and remap your fuel injection? Are there even any federal standards?

2012 Voyager ABS

Trunk Removed
Custom Made Trim Covering Bag Frames
LED Strip Lights on Custom Trim
Conspicuity Flicker on LEDs in Tail Light Mode
Flashing Brake Lights on LEDs
Kawasaki Bag Guards
Longer Kickstand from 2000 Nomad
Alaskan Sheepskin Butt Pad on Standard Seat
12" Clear Windshield for Summer
16" Windshield for Winter
Kuryakan Longhorn Highway Pegs

Also Drive a Restored 1980 Goldwing Standard
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Moe,
As Rod(diehard) and Rick both state above. The MK00008 pipes are what I bought an installed. Perfect fit. I believe I am the first member and maybe the first in the country to put these on the voyager. Attached a little video so You can hear them.
Shep.
http://youtu.be/CWBoY0L-NxE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode