Anyone own a trike? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Anyone own a trike?

I need some input on building a voyager 1700 trike. I've had it with my GW 1500 Apsencade nickel and diming me to death. Does any one own a trike? What rake kit do you have? What conversion kit do you own? would you recommend it? Anything someone would care to contribute would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't matter what you ride, as long as your ride is able to getter into the wind.

Last edited by icedad; 12-15-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 11:39 AM
wocka, wocka, wocka

when 3 is more better than just 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedad View Post
I need some input on building a voyager 1700 trike. I've had it with my GW 1500 Apsencade nickel and diming me to death. Does any one own a trike? What rake kit do you have? What conversion kit do you own? would you recommend it? Anything someone would care to care would be greatly appreciated.
id,, did have converted my 07 electraglide with a CSC unit. 2yrs, 20k miles was fun. I missed leaning and the hardley was showing signs of motor rebild time (70k) so I said goodbye and bought my big chief injun. CSC makes conversions for v17s. www.CaliforniaSideCar.com. they use a very serious F1 racing suspension drive line, not anything like the rest of the fray. Flat ass stable in high speed cornering.

Also, here is an alternative I have some coin sitting on, waiting for them to get off the hardley and GW bandwagon and get to the rest of us.. My v2k is on the chopping block if ever this comes down the pipe. www.tiltingmotorworks.com
poncho

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BRP11 022.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	97665   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRP11 089.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	97673   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRP11 142.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	97681   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRP11 259.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	97689   Click image for larger version

Name:	BRP11 378.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	97697  

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Hey Poncho, I always loved the lean into part since the late 60's, but the stand up and hold bike up part, with my bad knees made me and wife uneasy as of nowadays. I bought the trike and learned to ride it and would own nothing else. I love love taking turn into a gravel or dirt road at 20mph and sliding into it when I get feeling frisky. Can't do that on a 2 wheeler. Nowadays, the health part takes precedence. I'd fix the GW up right, but I still do not like the legroom on her. So, Kow Veger here I come. I just need to know all the pro's and con's.

Doesn't matter what you ride, as long as your ride is able to getter into the wind.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 07:05 PM
wocka, wocka, wocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedad View Post
So, Kow Veger here I come. I just need to know all the pro's and con's.
id, CSC is top notch product & company. They only sell thru dealers. Do NOT do business with Lone Star Trikes. though they wear that moniker and have an install person working out of his ranch shop in Dripping Springs Tx. LST is not a Tx company but incorporate located canton mich they hosed my bike, my trike and me for 15k and 6mos.. CSC finally stepped in and rescued it and me. I can't say enuff good things about CSC. I can't say enuff bad things about LST and gary the owner in particular.

I did massive research b4 plunkin down coin. CSC drive line and suspension is far superior to ALL the other retrofit brands on the market.

I paid twice for CSC power trak front end. LST substitued a cheap off brand. CSC replaced it with thier mfg but I had to pay them for it direct.

All in all after 6 months harrowing experience with an extremely bad business person, I flew to Virginia, CSC drove 100 miles to pik me up and take me to the plant to pik up my refurbished trike. They pretty much put a whole new system in. I was treated as a customer should as if I mattered, by the president of CSC. He personally took around the plant tour and introduced me to all the principles each dept.

Ok nuff rant. The trike was great. I enjoyed it for 2 yrs 20k miles. I rode it to glacier np, Death Valley, Colorado, big bend tx, Arkansas, blue ridge twice, etc.
if that hardley motor wasn't about to blow its cookies on me, I mite have kept it for 2 up fun runs and travelin. Lotts of huge storage. poncho

ps. TMW has option for auto stand up below 3-5mph for old guys with bad knees.

Last edited by Poncho Villa; 11-30-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode