Both Fog Lights quit - lost fog light switch! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Question Both Fog Lights quit - lost fog light switch!

Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Vulcan Voyager. I just noticed that both my fog lights are not working. I changed both bulbs, checked the fuses, pulled the headlight and checked all the connectors I could reach in the fairing but no joy. Both old bulbs tested okay on a multimeter. When it warms up tomorrow, I'll check for power at the various plus and swap out fuses just in case.

Now, questions!

Which plug in the fairing is joint connector 2? Also, the wiring diagram shows a "fog Light switch". I looked all over the handle bar switch clusters and the fairing displays. Do I even have one of these? Where is it? If I don't have it, what did they do to the wiring harness to disable the wires going to it and where did they do that?

Sorry to bother people on the day before Thanksgiving but I've only got two days to figure this out or take it back to the dealers. Last time it was there 54 days!

Thanks and happy turkey day!

JB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Look on lower left side below the storage box for the button. It sticks out about 1/8" when off, and is flush when on. It is wired in with the power port on the right side, try a phone charger or other such plugin and see if you have power. If you dont, recheck fuses. I believe its a 30 amp fuse for this circuit, I had a USB adapter come apart and shorted the power port and the lights on mine quit until I got the pieces of it out and replaced the fuse. The light switch is in the same location on the left as the power port is on the right.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Red face Never mind!! Chalk it up to senior moment!

Okay found the switch. Now I remember! Funny when you push the switch, the fog lights come on!! I think I figured out what happened. I normally run with them on all the time and never shut them off. When I took the bike in for that rear tire a week or so ago, the dealership must have turned them off. I never use the switch so my fibromyalgia addled brain just buried all the information about it! Why isn't there something about the switch in the service manual or owners manual? I couldn't find anything other than on the wiring diagram.

Damn, really feeling old right now! (57 and counting!)

JB

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Not too far behind ya, 53. Wish the lights work only when ignition was on instead of accessory also, like the head light, only after hitting the starter.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode