handlebar risers for 2013 Nomad - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Question handlebar risers for 2013 Nomad

Looking to install some risers on my 2013 Nomad for a little more height and pullback to help out with my neck and shoulder problems. Don't want to go to apes and get into changing the lines and cables again. Just want a little more comfort. Has anyone done this and if so what brands did you use and what height and did you have to change any cables. I did check the search engine but could not find any ideas. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 10:42 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic 1600
I was just referred to the following guy by a member here for a set of risers and have a set on the way. Nice guy and extremely helpful with the suggestions and ordering process.

http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/

Good luck,
Scott

Scott
2006 Classic 1600
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Slogan. I will contact him. Do you have a Nomad and what size did you get.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 08:35 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic 1600
I'm in a different category in that I'm trying to get just a bit more clearance from the bars to the windshield so that I can rotate the bar a bit more forward to change the angle that my wrist are in. I was on the fence about changing the bars entirely but thought I would go this route first to see how this works for me. I'm only going 2" or less with no pull back, although it's gonna have a bit of pull back just by the angle that the riser sitting on the triple tree, but shouldn't be too much I hope. Hopefully this will accomplish what I am looking for and if not, then I'll try something else.

Good luck,

Scott
2006 Classic 1600
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Even though I do not have a Nomad I have risers on all my other scoots. Having the bars back a little is nice and the wife sure like them on her scoot.

But if you want the ultimate risers apparently this guy in Missouri found them... Albeit he is just a crash looking for a place to happen.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ape.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	96442

Bubba in TX

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
U.S.A.F. Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired
Blue Knights Texas 43
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

hey Bubba: I am positive the ultimate risers are not me. I have been in touch with Joe at Chucksters and he has something that could fit the bill. However I am still on the fence and still looking for more information on 12 inch apes before I make up my mind. I have had 12 inch apes and they were very comfortable. I have never had risers so have nothing to compare them to.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I have had 12 inch rising bars a couple times, I have them on both the wife's scoots, but not as Apes.... but coming back low as pull backs... Actually they are bars for a Yamaha Venture, and I have been thinking about one for my Voyager. I can live with a one inch bar instead of the 1 1/4 handlebar on it. All the controls are 1 inch. I have a bunch of Yamaha risers that will work fine....

Bubba in TX

2011 Voyager "Betty Clunker"

A bad day on a motorcycle is better than a good day in a car

Some people collect T-shirts
I actually ride

Voyager 1700 owners...
WRAP your pipes....
You will be glad you did...

U.S.A.F. Retired

Nye County Nevada
Motor Officer Retired
Blue Knights Texas 43
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 AM

Have have a just like new set of these I would sell ya genmar k112 They will give you 1 inch of rise and about 3/4 inch of pull back due to fork angle. Pm me if your interested.
http://www.genmarmfg.com/shop/kawasa...on-detail.html

Last edited by mes882; 11-15-2014 at 08:20 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbreaker View Post
Looking to install some risers on my 2013 Nomad for a little more height and pullback to help out with my neck and shoulder problems. Don't want to go to apes and get into changing the lines and cables again. Just want a little more comfort. Has anyone done this and if so what brands did you use and what height and did you have to change any cables. I did check the search engine but could not find any ideas. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.
Was looking for the same thing to off set the taller and farther back seating position of my new mustang seat. I got the custom SWR-21 spacers for Vulcan 1700 from Scootworks and it fit the bill quit nicely!

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/p...D=PUT_SID_HERE

2009 1700 Nomad (Black)
OPT7 LED headlamp
Painted brake disks
Kawasaki light bar
Scootworks bar risers & engine chaps
RAM phone mount & drink holder
Kuryakyn speakers & AC outlet
National speedometer cowl
Wolo air horn
Oxford heated grips
Vaquero engine emblems
Mustang touring seat
Irons in the Fire rack
Kuryakyn Triple Play tail light
Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust
LED custom driving lights, accents, and turn signals
Goodyear Tripletred rear tire (205-16-60)
Ivans ECU flash
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the replies. more information is always helpfull to help make the right decision for me. So if I understand correctly bubba that the stock handlebars are 1 inch at the risers and 1 inch on the ends to accept the controls. Does that mean the whole stock bar is 1 inch or just at the risers and ends of the bar. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode