33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3721 of 3786 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 09:43 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Vaquero ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Candy Cardinal Red
Garage
Not a great picture but I'm working on getting my son his MC license. Here I'm teaching him the importance of coffee!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0527181029~2_1527518579694.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	220857  
Paul G. and silverpugj like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3786 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 07:19 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Kawasaki vaquero 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan classic
Displacement/CC's: 1700 1500
Color: Cardinal candy red black red
Garage
How do you remove saddlebag handles
post #3723 of 3786 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 04:57 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Silver/Red
Garage
Just bought a 2013 Vaquero that already has D Myers apes on it. Still not tall enough for me (6'4"). I have a Corbin seat ordered, that should help some. I was thinking/hoping I could maybe put some 1 1/2 or 2" risers like Chucksters under the mini apes and then could tilt them forward? I've purchased the Xlg Clearview wind screen which I know possibly interferes with going taller. I had a 2012 Nomad until a truck pulled out in front of me. Really, really loved that bike. With a Corbin seat, 4" risers it fit me pretty well. Trying to get close to that with my new ride.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: haven't changed my "garage" yet. Man, that's like accidentally seeing a pic of a girlfriend that dumped you! Waaaaa!

Last edited by dougfoot; 11-20-2018 at 04:59 PM.

post #3724 of 3786 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:23 AM

Year/Make/Model: 1995/Kawasaki/VN800A
Displacement/CC's: 800
Color: black
Garage
Hello,

My buddy bought an 2012 Vaquero and I want to help him to mount an USB charger and a cigarette lighter socket, into the front fairing, left & right.
Where do you advice to electricaly mount these two accessories, direct on the battery, or on the accessory terminals, from the front fairing ?
I prefer to connect them direct on the battery (each with it's own fuse), so I will have always power, don't need to set the key on "ON" or "ACC" position.

Thanks
Marcel
post #3725 of 3786 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:18 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Silver/Red
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelm View Post
Hello,

My buddy bought an 2012 Vaquero and I want to help him to mount an USB charger and a cigarette lighter socket, into the front fairing, left & right.
Where do you advice to electricaly mount these two accessories, direct on the battery, or on the accessory terminals, from the front fairing ?
I prefer to connect them direct on the battery (each with it's own fuse), so I will have always power, don't need to set the key on "ON" or "ACC" position.

Thanks
Marcel
Marcel every bike I've owned that I installed aux power, I always did it just like you were wanting to. Fused and directly off the + 12 volt supply. Suggestion: somewhere along the line (accessible but out of the way/sight) interrupt the line going to the aux power with a quick disconnect plug (like for battery tenders) so you can use it to charge the battery when not in use.
marcelm likes this.
post #3726 of 3786 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks
Marcel
For the USB, check the wiring in the fairing - the Vaquero is pre-wired for accessories. I installed the iPod adapter in my left cubby, and the wires to install it were just behind the cubby itself.

For the cigarette lighter socket, Kawasaki sells one for <$40 and again, the bike is pre-wired for it. Remove the cubby, fish the wires through, and plug it in, problem solved.

Hope this helps!

-John
marcelm likes this.

2016 Vaquero (mostly stock)
2005 VN800B Bobber (Blue Collar Bobbers kits)
1979 KZ650SR
post #3727 of 3786 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 09:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfoot View Post
Marcel every bike I've owned that I installed aux power, I always did it just like you were wanting to. Fused and directly off the + 12 volt supply. Suggestion: somewhere along the line (accessible but out of the way/sight) interrupt the line going to the aux power with a quick disconnect plug (like for battery tenders) so you can use it to charge the battery when not in use.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraKhen99 View Post
For the USB, check the wiring in the fairing - the Vaquero is pre-wired for accessories. I installed the iPod adapter in my left cubby, and the wires to install it were just behind the cubby itself.

For the cigarette lighter socket, Kawasaki sells one for <$40 and again, the bike is pre-wired for it. Remove the cubby, fish the wires through, and plug it in, problem solved.

Hope this helps!

-John
Thanks John,
I know the Vaquero is pre-wired, my problem is where to connect the USB charger & cigarette socket, directly to the battery or to the pre-wired harness. Because if I connect to the pre-wired harness, I will always need to turn the key "ON", or "AUX", to have power to the accessories.
Thinking about some PROs and CONs, for both situations.
post #3728 of 3786 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:35 PM
Peg
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:

Thanks
Marcel
Don't do it that way Marcel. Take advantage of what those ahead of you have learned, and wire it through the accessory circuit... You'll only end up changing it later on anyway, after you figure out that your battery is being drained by the constant draw of the USB outlet. They're a mini transformer, so if you give them power - they'll use it.
marcelm likes this.

Paul (Peg) Elliott
New Plymouth, NZ. '10 Voyager 1700
'02 Nomad 1500(sold) '97 VN800B (sold)
2 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's, 1 Yamaha (all dead)
post #3729 of 3786 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Don't do it that way Marcel. Take advantage of what those ahead of you have learned, and wire it through the accessory circuit... You'll only end up changing it later on anyway, after you figure out that your battery is being drained by the constant draw of the USB outlet. They're a mini transformer, so if you give them power - they'll use it.
I did not know that the USB charger is constantly consuming power from the battery. I will consider that.

Thanks
Marcel
post #3730 of 3786 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 04:43 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Vaquero ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Candy Cardinal Red
Garage
Quote:
I did not know that the USB charger is constantly consuming power from the battery. I will consider that.

Thanks
Marcel
With nothing plugged in, it won't use a lot of power, but don't forget that the on board computer is already a constant draw. Anything you add will reduce the time between charging.
marcelm likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode