Replacing an EN500A key
I'm trying to replace a missing key on a 1994 EN500A for a friend. From digging online, I get the impression that Kawasaki no longer offers replacement keys based on VIN from the dealerships. There are a bunch of online options for getting replacements cut based on key code, but I haven't been able to locate the code on the bike yet.
1) The owners manual is long gone, so no place with it written down.
2) The helmet lock must have been removed at some point, so no luck there.
3) Nothing is written on the exterior of the seat release lock. I removed the tumbler and it says KL317, then AD underneath.
4) The ignition lock has '3523' on it, but according to the lock place I checked with it should be an A or B followed by six digits.
5) Is it even possible to remove the fork or gas tank locks without destroying them?
Alternatively, has anyone had success with just taking older Kawasaki locks to local locksmiths and having keys made from that?
'99 Vulcan 500, 29k miles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by fastpakr; 05-22-2019 at 08:55 AM.