Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Stranded at a gas station. Bike idled very very low; then would not start.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Roidfingers 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've had some fuel delivery issues here and there; but I'll outline what happened today.

1) The bike occasionally would idle extremely low; like I could barely hear it was running-- but when I increased throttle it came back just fine.

2) I pulled into a gas station thinking it was low; filled the tank up, and tried to start to no avail.

3) Switched the petcock over to PRI; waited a few minutes and gave it another go. Waited a few more minutes, pulled the choke out, tried again and nothing.

4) Felt like a dingus walking my bike the last mile to work.

In any case, the starter engages just fine-- it seems like a fuel flow problem. When I squeeze the fuel line even on PRI, it gives very easily and there hardly seems to be any resistance to squeezing it.

The only issue I've had in the last few hundred miles is that when I hit pot holes, the bike would immediately lose power for a split second. I'm thinking that one of the lines may be clogged or pinched; but I haven't found anything so far.

My next step would be draining the bowls, ripping off the petcock and looking at it. If anybody has any tips or possible leads on what to troubleshoot next, I am 100% all ears.

Thank you

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.