Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Heated Gloves

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Naduri 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with heated gloves? Is there such a thing for 2009 Vulcan 500? It gets very cold here in the north east and just wearing regular gloves is not warm enough for riding in the winter.

#4 ·
I use a pair of VentureHeat battery powered gloves. I live in Maine and actually rode my 06 EN500 to work today - 1st day of December! They are better than I expected. The battery/control module fits in a pocket on the glove gauntlet, and has 4 settings - I've not even used the 2 hotter settings. May not be the perfect answer for you, but it is for me. No padded glove kept my hands warm in 40 degrees and below temps. Check them out.

#5 ·
Thanks Fointwinder I will look at VentureHeat also. Glad to hear you are happy with them. I did ride today also but at high speeds for prolonged periods of time my fingers were unconfortable and it will only get worse as winter gets closer.

#6 ·
I would be careful running heated gear off the battery of an EN500. The alternator capacity is not very gererous and the high wattage of heated gear may outstip the capacity of the alternator to keep up, resulting in a discharged battery when you get to where you are going.

I think with an EN500 you are safer going with self contained battery powered heated gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.