Kuryakn Iso Flame grips - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Kuryakn Iso Flame grips

Last week I did a 170 mile bike trip on the highway. Cruising along at steady highway speeds for over 2 hours my hands started to get numb from the vibrations. I have never felt that before. Anyway today, I went to my local dealer and picked up a set of Kuryakn Iso Flame grips with the Stiletto end caps. I cannot believe how easy they were to install. I am by no means a mechanic, and I have never attempted to install anything on my bike by myself, but i figured today I would give it a try. Total installation time was no more than 12 minutes, and they went on with ease. Anyway i took another lengthy highway run today, and man what a difference. The grips absorb most of the vibration, my hands felt fine, and the way the rubber on the grips is set up, my hands didnt sweat in my gloves either. There was always a constant breeze flowing under my fingers and into my palm. I highly recommend these grips to anyone looking for a quick mod that not only looks awesome, but drastically increases comfort. I got the grips for $70 and the end caps for $35. The end caps arent a necessity, but I really like the way they look. If you buy these grips, you will not be sorry. My only complaint is that the glue inlcluded in the package was dried up, but KrazyGlue worked just as well.... and of course you never leave with just what you went in to buy, so I ended up getting a great deal on V&H Slash Cut Staggared exhaust, so I bought that too... just waiting for it to come in lol!

Last edited by Clip4487; 08-02-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Top Contributor

Yup they r awesome.......I put them on all my bikes......I won't have a vtwin without them.....

4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY.....2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Garage
Love those grips...let us know how you like the exhaust

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 07:15 AM

After raising the bars I really need these now with some extra vibes.Just wondering if the flames are just as comfortable as the regular ISO grips

06 Vulcan 900 classic-Totaled

Vance & Hines staggered, PC3, K&N in stock opened up box, Darkside

Over & out
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

XC--- I have never tried the regular Iso, so I don't know how to compare them. I can tell you the flames are extremely comfortable. Also, Kuryakyn makes a "weighted grip end" that attaches to all of their Iso grips. The whole purpose of that particular grip end is that the weight of it is designed to stop the handlebar from vibrating. I dont have one, i have the stiletto ends, but i have several friends that use the weighted ones, and they all say it really eliminates 99% of the vibration you normally would get in the bars. Might be worth considering if you go with the Iso Grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode